Home

Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

This is a discussion on Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 04:14 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

I started out at Washington St. . My records were 8-5 , 10-3, and 10-3. I was offered the job a Florida. I took it. I was suprised because it was not like Will Muschamp had bad years. I guess he was not winning up to FLorida standars though. BUt Florida was a 5 star when I took over. So to answer the OP quiestion.....yes you can get a big job.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started out as an OC at Western Michigan and after one season I went onto OC at Penn State. We won the NC at Penn State, Joe Pa retired, and I was hired as HC. I'm in my third season as HC now, and I'm not leaving unless it's for Oregon, Florida, or maybe Texas.

Since being HC at Penn State I've been offered the HC job at schools like Ohio State, Alabama, and Tennessee.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

After going 13-1 in year 7 of my dynasty and my 4th year with New Mexico I was offered the head coaching job at Penn state. I turned it down, but only because I think I can win the national title at New Mexico. it happens, but slowly.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #20
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Started out as the OC at Army. Led them to a 9-4 record my 1st season and landed the HC job at Kansas State the following year when Bill Snyder retired. Can't complain with that.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddert
After going 13-1 in year 7 of my dynasty and my 4th year with New Mexico I was offered the head coaching job at Penn state. I turned it down, but only because I think I can win the national title at New Mexico. it happens, but slowly.
Im at UNM too, but I dont think I have had any good offers for head coach anywhere even though my team is constantly ranked in the top ten. I am the OC at New Mexico, maybe I should complete my goals, but lose the games so my HC will get fired. I feel like playing some defense. I havent played defense at all against a computer opponent in this year's version.

I am constantly getting top recruiting classes too, which I do not want to give up if I go to some sorry school that doesnt have a very high prestige rating. I also too afraid of declining my contract, in case I do not get a decent job offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 01:44 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 11

i am really shocked reading this thread. are all of you doing this one "default" rosters (original coach ratings)? i guess i just need to win more LOL
Old 09-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I started as OC at Memphis, after a year I went on to OC at Baylor, after 4 years I got the 4 star LSU job. Won two national titles in two years before I just stopped playing that dynasty.

I havent had much success with the coach carousel since though. Just won a NC as OC at USC got zero significant offers as an A+ school Coordinator and defending NC. SMH
Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Online Dynasty (PS3 - that me and my friend continued to play through the simmed bowl games, I only had a problem being forced to lose 1 regular season game.)

1 year as OC for Texas State (teambuilder)

spent another 2 or 3 years after that as HC at Louisiana Lafeyette

I then left for Minnesota for 3 years. In the middle I was offered USC and Texas, but I turned both down to rebuild and move on to another rebuild situation.

Now I am in my first year at East Carolina.

Sorry I don't post here much, but I wanted to answer the question! haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »