Home

I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state

This is a discussion on I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I wish the recruits were more realistic re: race/home state

I think the OP has a valid point but most times announcers have a hard enough time just pronouncing the Hawaiian and Samoan names in their road games, let alone programming it into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #26
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I would love to see a decent white running back from time to time. Toby Gerhart perhaps? I know it gets more rare with each passing year, but still. Better question...when is that last time you had a white kid rated as a 5 star WR? Betting never.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: The god blessed US of A! Wanna know more, ask and find out!

I agree with the Samoan comment, or even Hawaiian. I personally take Hawaii for my dynasty and as you could imagine, there are a lot of ethnic names such as Meatoga, Palemalu, Tailolo, Matasiglia etc. The dreadlocks are the closest, but that just doesnt look right on everyone. Ive also noticed how appearances in dynasty are way off lol.
For instance, HI Defensive Tackle Vaughan Meatoga is a beast of a man. 6'2 290 pounds of Polynesian pride, he has long thick hair which he wears most times loose or in a ponytail and a well kept, but thick go-tee.However in NCAA 11, they have him white as a ghost with a damn buzzcut and clean shaven! So like the other guy said, I go through and edit my guys to resemble their roots
Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #28
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Kind of off topic but I really love the white guys with the last name Abdul or first name Hakkem lol
Old 10-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #29
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Not to beat a dead horse or anything (but here I go anyway)...

2k did an excellent job along the lines of this topic in their college hoops series. White guys had white names. Black guys had black names. Foreigners had foreign sounding names. It was subtle, but very realistic and a nice touch.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #30
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Not to beat a dead horse or anything (but here I go anyway)...

2k did an excellent job along the lines of this topic in their college hoops series. White guys had white names. Black guys had black names. Foreigners had foreign sounding names. It was subtle, but very realistic and a nice touch.
Umm, I don't remember that. You are correct on the international players though. 2k had a crazy amount of names in their database, and it's cool that they let you look up the names when you edit/create players. I wish 2k could start making some football games again.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #31
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

I had a friend in last year's (NCAA 11) OD made his entire offense white and defense black (via roster edits)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

EDIT!!! You can make changes yourself if it bothers you that much. Just what will it take to make people chill? I know it costs $60 for the game but developers can only focus on so much!

Can anyone ever be happy or at least content?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »