Home

CPU option defense

This is a discussion on CPU option defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
CPU option defense

Has anyone tested this extensively? There was a rumor that it was broken after the release of the new patch.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU option defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Has anyone tested this extensively? There was a rumor that it was broken after the release of the new patch.
There is plenty of evidence of it oldman. I've posted a few videos of it here at OS and last night I saved some more videos but did not upload them. Last night I saved an example of instead of 1 defensive player standing idle doing nothing on the option play there were 2 on the option side standing idle while the RB ran right by them for a 33 yard TD. It looked awful.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 09-19-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, I've noticed as well, there seems to be someone (a CB I think) who stands near the sideline and won't do anything, it is indeed awful. Combine that with the fact that my WR's just let the defenders run right by them (though WR blocking on option plays was supposed to be fixed in the patch) and yeah, the patch seems to have caused a lot of problems
Old 09-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
MVP

oldman's Arena

Can anyone give me a consensus opinion here. Is this CPU option defense broken or not? I'm needing to know because my OD is considering banning the option in all user vs. user games. Is this over the top or is it needed with the problem that may or may not exist?

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Can anyone give me a consensus opinion here. Is this CPU option defense broken or not? I'm needing to know because my OD is considering banning the option in all user vs. user games. Is this over the top or is it needed with the problem that may or may not exist?
I for one certainly know that its broken and there are plenty of videos/threads about this topic floating around so that you can see/watch for yourself. The thing that I have noticed is that on certain option plays and not all the time but definately from what ive seen here is what happens. The cb, lb, or a combination of both simply stand on the field and do nothing. Literally, they just kinda slide, float, or barely move as in quick sand.

I personally think that it happens enough to warrant not using it as I feel extremely cheap when this happens. Again, its not something that ive seen happen every time on every option play but enough that I dont feel comfortable using it at all. Right or wrong Ive also asked the other people in my OD to refrain from it but its not a big deal because im the only one that even had a few option plays in their playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I have had a few option plays and noticed the CPU immediately becomes dumbed down.

Are read options alright?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
MVP

oldman's Arena

Last night I played a game where I ran nothing but option plays with both teams. If I turned the ball over I just switched teams and did it again. Everytime something fishy happened I went to straight to the replays and checked.

This is a non issue. I started feeling that way after the last few days since it has only been small minority of people on here even talking about it. There are some instances with the CPU does some crazy stupid in videos that people have posted but I don't think that has anything to do with the option plays, I think that has more to do with EA needed to correct awareness issues on the defensive side of the ball.

My OD will be running option plays.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
The defense responds like normal when I run it. The CB moves in for the tackle also. I'm not getting there problems everyone seems to be getting. I'll consider myself lucky.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »