Home

MSU Year 2016, I lose to ND & OSU but beat #1 Nebraska 62-0?

This is a discussion on MSU Year 2016, I lose to ND & OSU but beat #1 Nebraska 62-0? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon4 MSU Year 2016, I lose to ND & OSU but beat #1 Nebraska 62-0?

Has anyone here had anything similar to that happen to them? I have never scored 62 points in a game, even against an FCS school, but I do it on the road against #1 Nebraska???

I lost to OSU 21-26 and to ND 27-34 in close games that went down to the final drives, but I just steam rolled Nebraska with the exact same sliders.

It felt like I knew exactly whether Nebraska was going to run or throw on offense and on defense that made it so blatantly obvious whether they were rushing 4 people or 8 that I would audible and be given a free 1st down.

I had 525 total offense to their 128.

Me:
Rushing: 36 att, 245 yards
Passing: 19-26 280 yards (2 INT)

Nebraska:
Rushing: 32 attempts, 75 yards
Passing: 6-19 53 yards (2 INT)

0 turnover margin and no defensive or ST TDs. They never even got in the red zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 03:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: MSU Year 2016, I lose to ND & OSU but beat #1 Nebraska 62-0?

Maybe their players were on cold streaks or something? It happens in Dynasty from time to time, who knows?
Old 10-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

One of my biggest complaints in '11 was how entirely too many teams would go undefeated which meant that if you wanted a shot @ playing in the NCG, you also had to go undefeated (I went undefeated 3 times with Michigan and never got a shot).

In '12, they've done the opposite as the game is hell bent to ensure that no one (usually) goes undefeated. When the season is wrapping up, up through 2018 I've seen tons of upsets down the wire as the remaining undefeated teams (if there are still some) start dropping like flies.

I'd guess that Nebraska was in real danger of going undefeated and the game couldn't have that so it made sure that you won the game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I figured being Michigan State you would be used to such ups and downs that make no sense.

But to the third post about rankings I really think that is the one thing that needs to be fixed or balanced for the next patch. Some how last year it was tough to see a Non BCS school in the title game now it seems like it happens every year. That and the rankings lack logic. I went 9-0 as Tulane not even getting votes in the polls, I lose my first game to #10 SMU, then I lose to #18 Ole Miss, much to my surprise after these two losses I am now rank Either #21 or #22 with a 9-2 record.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

You just had a good game, I guess. Or you ran up the score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjeter76
Has anyone here had anything similar to that happen to them? I have never scored 62 points in a game, even against an FCS school, but I do it on the road against #1 Nebraska???

I lost to OSU 21-26 and to ND 27-34 in close games that went down to the final drives, but I just steam rolled Nebraska with the exact same sliders.

It felt like I knew exactly whether Nebraska was going to run or throw on offense and on defense that made it so blatantly obvious whether they were rushing 4 people or 8 that I would audible and be given a free 1st down.

I had 525 total offense to their 128.

Me:
Rushing: 36 att, 245 yards
Passing: 19-26 280 yards (2 INT)

Nebraska:
Rushing: 32 attempts, 75 yards
Passing: 6-19 53 yards (2 INT)

0 turnover margin and no defensive or ST TDs. They never even got in the red zone.
Its jsut how you played them man. I mean heres one that baffles me:

Texas got EMBARASSED by OU this year, yet struggled against kansas, and yet Texas completley blew them out and shut them out? This is real life...

Also people gripe about the occasional long bombs against the CPU...I was one too...crazy thing is it happens in NCAA ALL THE TIME with good receivers. I saw robert woods embarass stanford CB's, and sammy watkins. Turns out the game might be onto something

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »