Home

ncaa 11 vs ncaa 12

This is a discussion on ncaa 11 vs ncaa 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
ncaa 11 vs ncaa 12

im considering buying a ncaa football game
should i buy ncaa 11 or 12
i mostly play dynasty so i would like to know the differneces in that game mode
things like
is there a coaching carasoul in ncaa 11
can i start with a bad team and get offers to coach a better team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: ncaa 11 vs ncaa 12

NCAA 11 . 12 is a hot mess
Old 11-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I considered starting a thread -- but it would be nothing more than my original post -- about '12 vs '11.
My first console, xbox, and game was NCAA '11 purchased Aug. '11. I knew nothing...recruiting, dynasty, audibles, buttons, reading defenses/offenses, slider sets, etc., etc., etc. Here on OS and over at Utopia/NCAA Strategies I learned so much b/c there were tons of "how to" or "advice" threads.
Look up and down each page on OS now: glitch thread, rant thread, freezing thread, patch x+1 thread (that seems to not fix everything wrong including some items that 'broke' with patch x or x-1).
If '12 was my first NCAA football game, I would still be in the dark ages on how to play, let alone how to play better.
THAT tells you which game to buy.

[To be fair, and for full disclusure, playing exclusively offline -- so no patches or tuner downloads -- I've chosen not to buy '12 yet, until I decide to spend even more cash and set up an Internet connection for my xbox (the patches sound like they've fixed some of the big issues). All the threads here have scared me off of '12 for now. Even w/o patches/tuners for '11 I'm plugging along into 30+ seasons, tweaking sliders even more as I continue to improve.]

Last edited by GGGswim; 11-16-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

NCAA 12, after the gang tackling being put in 12, i can't go back to any other NCAA game cause it doesn't feel right.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakeja71
NCAA 11 . 12 is a hot mess
As if 11 wasn't...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

They both have issues, yes, but they are both really good games in their own right.
I am having lots of fun as a DC in my dynasty. Some things are annoying, but to be quite honest I haven't enjoyed dynasty this much ever. I said when custom conferences were announced that if NCAA 2011 had them, I would be happy for 2 years.

It took time, but I found a slider set and a playbook I like. I learned how to recruit and adapt to build the team I like. NCAA 2011 took me 2 weeks to figure out, NCAA 2012 it took like a month and a half.

You cannot go wrong with either one. I would have never noticed half the bugs people mention if it wasn't for OS. I love football and enjoy playing, but some people are a lot more particular then I am.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

NCAA 12 was the first EA football game that made me infuriated. I sold it and went back to NCAA 11 and am enjoying the game (in Year 4 of my PSU dynasty) but I'm reaching the point where dynasty teams are starting to get weak and the kicker glitch too.

NCAA 12 is unbearable IMO, the defense is just idiotic. Mirrored routes from the DB's, super-warping DBs. EA took the extremely easy way out of the complaints that '11 was too easy offensively. NCAA 12 is the least-realistic game EA has put out on this generation of consoles IMO.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

I went through and made a ton of roster edits for gameplay on '11 and it is playing awesome! A few more tweaks and all 120 are done. I think this will hold me over for quite a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »