Home

Guys Going Pro...

This is a discussion on Guys Going Pro... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Guys Going Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
that is 1 example. I dont know about red, but I am having 3-5 guys trying to leave every year. Some years more. Other then my first 3 years as a HC on a terrible SMU squad did I not have anyone leave. Now its consistant and I am in year 2022. Its just annoying.
Okay, Marcus Forston and Tommy Streeter. Two more Miami players leaving early this year to go pro. That is 3, just like you said you're seeing.

― Plato
Old 12-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #10
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

It's completely random as to who goes pro and who doesn't. Doesn't matter if they have a good season or if they have a high overall. For example, just last night on my Oklahoma State dynasty, I did a little experiment.

First try: 4 guys left early. I talked back only 1.

Second try: 7 guys left early, all different than before with only one exception, talked a few back

Third try: 5 different guys left early except one RB. Talked all 5 back.

There was only one guy each time that was the same, my RB, otherwise they were all completely different. One of them in the 3rd year was my 3rd CB who left early to go pro.

This just shows me that the game doesn't decide who is going pro based on stats. Instead it just decides who is going pro randomly when your team is highly ranked.

If your team is good, you'll see more guys going pro early. It'll be completely random, but they'll go pro.

If your team is bad, which mine was when I had a dynasty going with Kansas, then you'll rarely see anyone go pro unless they're very good.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I meant, what does that have to do with the topic?
Did you even read the OP? He said he had a bunch of sophomores leaving for the pros each season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
Did you even read the OP? He said he had a bunch of sophomores leaving for the pros each season.
Good God.

The POINT of the thread was HOW MANY were going pro, not why. In my last offseason, I counted 27 Sophomores leaving for the draft across the entire class. Now I personally talked back 2 of them from leaving and I'm sure the other users talked a few back but TWENTY SEVEN tried leaving. That is insanity.

There are 254 picks in the NFL Draft. Adding those 27 Sophs with however many Juniors there were and you have about 1/4 of the draft class being underclassmen.

Help me find the logic in that. I'll buy your redshirt excuse for a few guys but it happens equally the same to guys that weren't recruited or weren't redshirted. I had a punter try and leave as a RS Soph once, he only punted 15 times the entire season. A punter leaving early? Really?

The system is entirely too random and flawed. But like everything else, you just have to deal with it.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Good God.

The POINT of the thread was HOW MANY were going pro, not why. In my last offseason, I counted 27 Sophomores leaving for the draft across the entire class. Now I personally talked back 2 of them from leaving and I'm sure the other users talked a few back but TWENTY SEVEN tried leaving. That is insanity.

There are 254 picks in the NFL Draft. Adding those 27 Sophs with however many Juniors there were and you have about 1/4 of the draft class being underclassmen.

Help me find the logic in that. I'll buy your redshirt excuse for a few guys but it happens equally the same to guys that weren't recruited or weren't redshirted. I had a punter try and leave as a RS Soph once, he only punted 15 times the entire season. A punter leaving early? Really?

The system is entirely too random and flawed. But like everything else, you just have to deal with it.
I'm not disagreeing with you about the logic having some flaws in it, but who says all of the sophomores are going to get drafted anyways? I doubt all 27 would get drafted, but I doubt all 27 would go through with the decision in your dynasty to. I'd say its more closer to 10-15 once the CPU also talks them back into staying.

If these are true sophomores going, then that's a bit weird too, as you have to be 21 to enter the draft. 21 is 3 years removed from high school. Most players at these FBS schools that have the talent to play at the NFL too are removed straight from HS, so it's a bit weird they'd be eligible for the draft.

― Plato
Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Good God.

When did I ever defend the logic? I simply offered an explanation for why so many of his sophomores were going pro. Nothing more.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #15
Banned

Quique987987's Arena

OVR: 2

It seems to me that the players who are actually ready to leave, don't and vice versa. My first year with Maryland, I had Joe Vellano record about 20 sacks, and he didn't try to leave early, he's a junior. I benched starting tight end Matt Furstenburg, a junior, in favor of David Stinebaugh, a sophomore. Stinebaugh had about 70 receptions and almost 1,000 yards. He didn't try to go pro, but Furstenburg did after having under 15 receptions and 200 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Some of the transfers bother me. Just recently I signed a 5 star scrambling QB in my 3rd year at Idaho. Promised him no redshirt, solid playing time, and freshman all American team. He threw for 1200 yards and ran for 1200 yards with a solid amount of touchdowns as a 84 OVR true freshman and led my team to BCS championship over Nevada(ugh) and got first team freshman and 2nd team all conference.

I go into the offseason and what's he do? Transfers to flippin USC! I really should have backed out and reloaded my dynasty but didn't for the sake of not cheating the system. Still, pure stupidity.

I was heartbroken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »