Home

Toughest position for you to recruit

This is a discussion on Toughest position for you to recruit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #17
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Toughest position for you to recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Since I run a Spread, I don't have an issue with full backs. I always keep one just in case, but I can never be more than two deep at each position on the line, especially with tackles.
I too run spread but one year I ran into a MONSTER FB that loved me. He ended up coming in with A- speed, so I kept my spread but installed some flexbone option and two back pistol just to get him some carries.

Outside of that one FB, I can't recruit FB for anything. I don't really ever use one, so it isn't too big of a deal. I just wish the guys I convert to play FB when I need it develop better blocking skills.

OL is a position I usually just recruit for depth, I hit 2 and 3* OL hard and develop them. I almost never grab impact OL, no matter how good my team is.

DE is another tough one for me. Not because there is a shortage of candidates, but because almost all of the DE's generated are C speed or worse and just aren't good. Most of the time my DE's are OLB's with good block shred and power move ratings.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #18
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

For me it is recruiting the right type of players for the 3-4. Big DE's are hard to come by and moving a DT to end always results in ratings hit. At least NCAA 12 allowed the user to edit weight and ratings to prevent this. When I still played NCAA 12 I made use of the ability to edit. I end up moving MLB's, whom all seem to weigh in the 240's to 250's to OLB. I move SS to MLB. I move FS to SS. I recruit taller CB's and move them to FS. It has been some time since I played 12 but this seemed to work for me.

On offense I don't even try to recruit centers. I just move a sorter guard over since ever lineman can snap the ball perfect every time in the NCAA series. I have been recruiting TE's and moving them to FB for years now.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #19
Banned

ScaryChris's Arena

OVR: 0

For Center I usually move a 4 star Guard over as a freshmen, they usually boost 6 or 7 points overall actually.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #20
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

I recruited a 1 star FB once because he was my only viable option. That being said, he is now a senior and a 91 overall. Love that man!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

FBs used to be tough but seemed to turn in my favor. I almost never recruit a straight C as -- except for the top 1 or 2 -- the top 10 Gs generally grade out higher for the attributes desired.

I always have problems bringing in quality CBs. Maybe once in every recruiting cycle will I be able to pull in more than 1 CB with solid MAN/PRESS ratings. At least once per cycle I'll have to run through a season when I can't press or bump b/c of low PRS ratings across my CB depth chart.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »