Home

FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

This is a discussion on FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #49
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Personally, because they're still part of the NCAA. It isn't called FBS Football 13.
So where were all the d2 and d3 schools in College Hoops 2k8? So now we should add all d2 and d3 schools to NCAA Football as well right since its called NCAA Football and they're a part of the NCAA.

So lets fill up the disc with all 600+ colleges with football programs, because i'm sure the rest of the game won't suffer as a result. But hey, at least we'll be able to play Kutztown vs Shippensburg. That will make the majority happy.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #50
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
So where were all the d2 and d3 schools in College Hoops 2k8? So now we should add all d2 and d3 schools to NCAA Football as well right since its called NCAA Football and they're a part of the NCAA.

So lets fill up the disc with all 600+ colleges with football programs, because i'm sure the rest of the game won't suffer as a result. But hey, at least we'll be able to play Kutztown vs Shippensburg. That will make the majority happy.
Wow you blew that way out of proportion. Did I upset you or something?

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 03-28-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackattack14
Why do people want FCS teams? They are just a bunch of 40 over scrubs. Just use the good teams already in the game. Not many people would play with them anyways, it would just be a waste of space. Sorry, just my opinion, unless someone can tell me why they should be in the game.

God Bless

There is a substantial fanbase for FCS teams, me included. I love playing the underdog and the thought that nobody thinks I can pull off the monumental upset except me and the small but fiercely loyal contingent of fans who go to the games,watch on TV(if there is any) is such an exhilarating idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #52
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano

For the record, I still think you are an elitist. I mean every program came from nothing, they started from nothing even Notre Dame despite being well-renowned all over the globe they too came from nothing. Who knows? Maybe one of the less than average teams in the FCS will become a powerhouse in a century from now. To me, college football is college football is college football. My favorite CFB team is San Jose State so you know that program prestige and being a championship contender is the least from my mind.I wanted to walk-on for SJSU but due to massive budget cuts and what not, I decided to go somewhere else. I believe with Coach Macintyre at the helm for SJSU, they will make it to a bowl game this season and he will continuously improve the program hopefully for many years to come. Right now, I'm here at Menlo College(an NAIA) playing as a LG(Quick Guard in our system) and despite that the facilities aren't the most up-to-date and because it is such a small school(enrollment of about 650 or so, give or take) the crowds during home games are meager but it is college football. Elitist CFB fans wouldn't give the time of day to watch NAIA/D-3, D-2, heck even FCS ball but that's ok. You know why? They're not the ones playing college football while we are still playing the sport we love and even though we know that we won't be playing in the NFL after our college career is over, we will become pro in something else other than in sports like a CPA or an Economist just like in those NCAA commercials.
well when those FCS schools become a powerhouse and make it to the FBS, they'll have no problem being in the game. And thanks for your life story but like you said yourself, no one cares. That's great that that you're playing even though you know you won't be in the NFL, but that has nothing to do with anything.

The demand for non FBS teams is not large enough to warrant EA putting them back in obviously. They aren't going to sell more copies of the game because they have FCS teams.

It's not worth the time or resources for EA because it's not going to generate them anymore money and by allocating resources to worrying about FCS stuff, the rest of the game will suffer as a result which will piss off more people who in turn will then not buy the game.

And i played college football as well at a small school, doesn't mean i'm dying to use them in a video game. If i want to use them that bad i'll create them on teambuilder. You call me an elitist but the whole reason you wrote that long 2nd paragraph was to let us know you play college football because do you really think anyone cares that your system calls a LG a quick guard? No but you felt to need to go into great detail so we know you play football. Congrats.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 03-28-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Why do people want FCS teams? They are just a bunch of 40 over scrubs. Just use the good teams already in the game. Not many people would play with them anyways, it would just be a waste of space. Sorry, just my opinion, unless someone can tell me why they should be in the game.

God Bless

in other words, App St. ; The notion of any given Saturday (well technically any given Sat/Sun/Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri because those are all days which college football is played nowadays.)
Old 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #54
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

Quote:

God Bless
I dont believe that EA should include them in the game bcuz they have a lot of other things to address first.

But for you to say that they are scrubs in a very disrespectful statement. I played a year for an FCS school. My younger brother made ALL-American last year for an FCS school (Sam Houston State) and he is an NFL prospect as of last season. They are not scrubs. Being a college athlete is a full time job.They work their tails off and there are A LOT of great FCS teams coaches and players.

I just cant let you call them scrubs dude. Thats an ultimate act of disrespect.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
well when those FCS schools become a powerhouse and make it to the FBS, they'll have no problem being in the game. And thanks for your life story but like you said yourself, no one cares. That's great that that you're playing even though you know you won't be in the NFL, but that has nothing to do with anything.

The demand for non FBS teams is not large enough to warrant EA putting them back in obviously. They aren't going to sell more copies of the game because they have FCS teams.

It's not worth the time or resources for EA because it's not going to generate them anymore money and by allocating resources to worrying about FCS stuff, the rest of the game will suffer as a result which will piss off more people who in turn will then not buy the game.

And i played college football as well at a small school, doesn't mean i'm dying to use them in a video game. If i want to use them that bad i'll create them on teambuilder. You call me an elitist but the whole reason you wrote that long 2nd paragraph was to let us know you play college football because do you really think anyone cares that your system calls a LG a quick guard? No but you felt to need to go into great detail so we know you play football. Congrats.

I have created my school on teambuilder and DL at least 40+ FCS schools as well. Really? Where is your school pride? Don't you want to play as them on dynasty and get to see them win the BCS championship in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #56
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
I dont believe that EA should include them in the game bcuz they have a lot of other things to address first.

But for you to say that they are scrubs in a very disrespectful statement. I played a year for an FCS school. My younger brother made ALL-American last year for an FCS school (Sam Houston State) and he is an NFL prospect as of last season. They are not scrubs. Being a college athlete is a full time job.They work their tails off and there are A LOT of great FCS teams coaches and players.

I just cant let you call them scrubs dude. Thats an ultimate act of disrespect.
The best part is when an FBS school passes on a player for someone rated higher, then the coveted player busts turns out to be a terrible player, and the non-wanted player shines all 4 years at the FCS school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »