Home

OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
While you guys are wasting time saying too little, too late...I am saying, finally!! i can't wait to get my hands on this game. I've never lived my life being a negative nancy, and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

Instead of harping about that should have been in the game 3 years ago, why not appreciate the fact that it will be in the new game? I just don't understand the line of thinking for some of you guys. It's a video game guys...find ways to enjoy it for what it is worth. We will NEVER have a perfect football game...if you want real football, go outside and play.
Know one is asking or expecting a "perfect" football game, this line keeps being used way too much and its out of context. The reason why guys are harping on this is for the fact that this stuff was in the game years ago or had been asked to be included in the game for so long that they are fed up.

After being told after said request "we dont have time", "we have maxxed out this engine or hardware", blah blah blah! And then we get it on the same hardware all of this was said to have been the reason for it not being in the game, is a slap in our faces.

To some of us it is a slap in the face and we see it as the devs were just not caring enough to put it in the game or give us any other type of indication besides what I mentioned above as to the reasoning behind it not being there at all.

Im in the boat of trying to have everything in the game that belongs in their from the start, then the process of elimination or tweaking shall begin. it just seems like EA doesnt even try to incorporate all of the nuances in the game before they start dismissing them from the game itself!

But there's your answer from my perspective, and the fact that most of us are getting a lil too old and been waiting yr after yr for that major upgrade thats not gonna come.

But these features are great to see and hear about but I will be waitiing from some true hands on impressions from people who know whats up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #26
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I WANT it to be good and see all enhancements actually do what they say they will. But I'm just going to take a wait and see approach this year. No more buying into the hype for me.
Ditto....I've been playing this game for a decade and always got the game as soon as it came out but this year I'm going to wait and see what the final product actually looks like. I don't remember when EA sent the first patch last year but I'd like to wait for that to go through for this game.

Great summaries of the first two podcast reveals. I wish they would have a podcast titled "Goodbye to all of that" where they show the bugs that they have corrected (audio of crowd swells out of sync during kickoffs......players rolling the ball forward on the ground after a play is over out of sync.......defenders still getting caught offsides during a hurry-up offense.....etc.).
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #27
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8
These improvements are a welcome sight for sore eyes and hopefully this is the begining of the implimentation of real football scenarios.

One thing that I heard the Devs say a few times in the gameplay live stream was, "It just didn't look realistic (so we got rid of it and replaced it with ____)" I really like the sound of that and I know that these things maybe said every year but still good to hear.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #28
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
To all the EA developers who scan these boards...please...please...read and comprehend carefully. Your true hardcore game fans have lost confidence in you. Your stock is continuously falling and reaching new lows on the market. Your exclusive rights deal is soon coming to an end. The competition is lurking...your NBA Elite...aka Jesus pose moment is coming sooner than you think...you will be forced to scrap this engine and start all over...face the music...or repeat the demise that was NBA Elite.

"These words have been spoken, so that those who hear might believe"
Old 04-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #29
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
The two I think of are the 5- and 7-step dropbacks and the trajectories. These are just basic football pieces that should have always been in the game, so it makes it a little frustrating to read about.
Frustration. Thank you. I couldn't put my finger on the emotion. Anyone else feel that these "enhancements" would have already been in the game 6 or 7 years ago if there was competition in the market? I'm just saying that these don't have to be new, but they should have LONG been in the game already and there is enough brainpower in Florida to have gotten this done already. A blueprint was already out there for them to work with and they chose not to do it.

With that said, I'm glad SOME movement is being made in this regard and I will consider, finally, getting a football game this year. But I need a bigger draw. These should have been icing. Not the cake.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #30
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendlyghst
These improvements are a welcome sight for sore eyes and hopefully this is the begining of the implimentation of real football scenarios.

One thing that I heard the Devs say a few times in the gameplay live stream was, "It just didn't look realistic (so we got rid of it and replaced it with ____)" I really like the sound of that and I know that these things maybe said every year but still good to hear.
Frankly, I don't care if something *looks* realistic. If it *is* realistic, the looks will naturally follow suit. Nothing should go into the game that doesn't start from that premise of being realistic at the foundation. This was my problem with EA football and NBA Elite was a prime example of their current (apparent) philosophy and how it can go horribly wrong. In terms of football, if they implemented a REAL ball physics engine, the trajectories should not have to be baked or predetermined! So, I still have an issue with that part. Of course it doesn't need to be a full Navier-Stokes evaluation. But something close would have been great. The current platforms are MORE than capable and it baffles me why they have yet to do some of these things. This *look* thing has me worried about the QB dropbacks. It's not just LOOKS. There's a point to the dropbacks and if they didn't approach this from THAT element, the dropbacks will be worthless.

I'm still looking for realistic defensive play structure, line-interactions, double team, etc...
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5
their is no 5 yard bump rule in college football. i want to see that nano blitz stuff worked on because it really takes away from football strategy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #32
Rookie

tizorch's Arena

OVR: 2
Unimpressed. Until they overhaul the collision physics and real life momentum physics it will still be the same ol' game with a few cosmetic upgrades each year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »