Home

Excessive players transferring

This is a discussion on Excessive players transferring within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Transfers can only go if there's someplace to transfer to. If you max your roster @ 70 you can't get tranfers. The vast majority of CPU teams also max out their rosters @ 70 so there are very few teams because no one can accept them (the game uses your current roster size to determine this and not your future roster minus players leaving and plus incoming recruits).
When players transfer, no team has 70 players because the seniors left already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by nortobc; 07-25-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Excessive players transferring

This thread is getting offtrack but in the multitudes of tests I did in '12 (I haven't done this in '13) not once (in about 100 teams that I tracked) did I ever see a team that entered the season with 70 players on their roster get an incoming transfer during the offseason following that season. 90% of the time that a team I was tracking entered a season with 68 or 69 players on their roster they had an incoming transfer(s) the following offseason. A team with 69 players never got more than 1 transfer. A team with 68 never got more than 2. I never tested with with fewer than 68 players. None of these results changed depending on either the # of SRs on the team nor how many people were recruited during the season.
This is what I based my previous statement upon. I should've qualified it with an "in my extensive testing" instead of making it sound like fact.

Now back on topic, has anyone seen a mass exodus like what I posted in the OP? If not, then maybe this is just something peculiar to Michigan or maybe just this particular dynasty. I've tested it with SMU (3 times) and Clemson (once) and I never saw anything like what I saw in my Michigan dynasty.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have not seen the mass exodus, but I have been seeing around 2 per year so far (through 5 seasons) in my dynasty - and MOST of them have just made no sense. My absolute favorite, was in my UTSA dynasty after season 2. I was at this time a 1* program moving to a 2*...and one of my first year recruits who I redshirted (65 OVR MLB) transferred to BAMA due to lack of playing time. This to me was absurd for the following reasons:
1. What 65 OVR RS FR is going to get any playtime at BAMA
2. Why xfer to a 6* school from a 2*
3. Due to graduating seniors, he would have been my starting MLB the next season. He was by far the best MLB left on my roster.

I just don't get the logic that they have. In reality it should be BAMA's 3rd string LB trying to transfer to UTSA because he realizes he wont hit the field there...not the other way around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I have not seen the mass exodus, but I have been seeing around 2 per year so far (through 5 seasons) in my dynasty - and MOST of them have just made no sense. My absolute favorite, was in my UTSA dynasty after season 2. I was at this time a 1* program moving to a 2*...and one of my first year recruits who I redshirted (65 OVR MLB) transferred to BAMA due to lack of playing time. This to me was absurd for the following reasons:
1. What 65 OVR RS FR is going to get any playtime at BAMA
2. Why xfer to a 6* school from a 2*
3. Due to graduating seniors, he would have been my starting MLB the next season. He was by far the best MLB left on my roster.

I just don't get the logic that they have. In reality it should be BAMA's 3rd string LB trying to transfer to UTSA because he realizes he wont hit the field there...not the other way around.
I lost a TE who was #2 on my team this year. He didn't have many catches, but he did have 13 pancakes. He would've been my #1 TE this year, but he left for more PT.

With your guys, since it was after season 2, did you break any promises to that MLB (from when you were recruiting him)? Broken promises are a great way to get kids to transfer away.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #13
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8

Going into season 4 as a HC (5th overall in dynasty), and I never lose players. I make sure I play my second string for at least one play (occasionally an entire series or more if its a blowout) every game, and I will work in my 3rd string at least three times a season. Players always come back.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronVictory
Going into season 4 as a HC (5th overall in dynasty), and I never lose players. I make sure I play my second string for at least one play (occasionally an entire series or more if its a blowout) every game, and I will work in my 3rd string at least three times a season. Players always come back.

Hope this helps!
I always play my backups as well (even down to my O-linemen). The issue here is that I'm losing guys who were true FR that were redshirting because they weren't even on the depth chart this year.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #15
Rookie

KCRaider21's Arena

OVR: 0

yes I just had 5 guys wanting to transfer from Missouri. one was a freshman qb and one a freshman running back that was hurt for half the season. one stayed 4 left and now i lost my future star qb. this sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'VE SAID FROM the beginning freshman who are redshirted shouldn't even be allowed to transfer for playing time. it's impossible when they are redshirted to dictate playing time when you havent even played. and those small school to big school transfers stick. it used to be the other way around just last year they always manage to f stuff up

Last edited by ncaa13; 07-27-2012 at 06:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »