Home

Notre Dame

This is a discussion on Notre Dame within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Notre Dame

I'd go in and play half the game as Notre Dame and call fake punts and run for a safety for their games before I'll let the game push them like this.

:-)
Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
Rookie

jeffcrab's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndirish6776
Sigh. A lot of this is just annoying

ND is about two years away from going undefeated, not a few.
Sigh. A lot of your post was just hilarious.

QB- Overrated
HB- Cierre Wood is good, I won't complain.
WR- Overrated
OL- Overrated
I'll just tell you right now their defense is overrated.
It is hilarious that you think they get shorthanded EVER. It's funny because your teams is the best in the game every time. I think you should look at Oregon or Arizona to see teams that get shortchanged. Every time these teams go down the crapper. Your team along with Florida State, Florida, and Texas. So stop whining, if you think your team is underrated go to edit rosters and make them better. Your welcome.
NCAAF: Utah State, Oregon
NCAAB: Utah State, Oregon

Current Aggie, future Duck.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #19
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

Notre Dame's ratings for corners and receivers are a too high, same as their QB's, but i feel their linebackers and lines are a little under rated. Tommy Rees should be below Kiel, and Golson or Henrdix should be the starter around 83/82. Running backs are a bit under rated, all 4 could start on a lot of BCS teams. WR- Goodman's rating is ridiculous, but the rest are pretty much right, TE's are bang on. A lot of people will say ND was garbage last year, and will suck this year, but if it wasn't for the brutal schedule this year (#1 in the country) they would easily be a top 10 team. I think ND goes 8-4, which their rating pretty much matches. In my dynasty they usually go 9-3/8-4 the first year losing to USC, OU, MSU and Meatchicken. Next year and the following year i expect them to compete for NC's so i think their rating reflects them fairly accurately.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #20
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcrab

QB- Overrated
WR- Overrated
OL- Overrated
It is hilarious that you think they get shorthanded EVER. It's funny because your teams is the best in the game every time. I think you should look at Oregon or Arizona to see teams that get shortchanged. Every time these teams go down the crapper. Your team along with Florida State, Florida, and Texas. So stop whining, if you think your team is underrated go to edit rosters and make them better. Your welcome.

how is the offensive line overrated? their LT, LG and C will all be in the NFL, and the LT will probably be a 1st round pick. their RG and RT are both very good players and have some experience as well. I will give you that the QB's and WR's are overrated, although the WR's lack experience more than they do talent and the running backs are underrated. C. Wood is fine, Theo Riddick got the short end of the stick, Amir Carlislse is a RS Soph and will be very good, and G. Atkinson had 2 kick returns for TD's, while destroying a very good linebacking corps all spring

Old 07-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I love reading ND fans tell us how they're team isn't that bad.

They'll be terrible again this year.
Glad that "terrible" means 8-5, including two losses that never, ever should have happened (USF/Mich).

Their D was borderline top-25 last year and will be better this year. They will be improved on O just by replacing Rees at QB with hopefully Golson. They'll probably be 8-4 or 9-3 this year (terrible?) breaking in a new QB and facing the toughest schedule in the country, and then 10+ wins in 2013.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcrab

QB- Overrated
WR- Overrated
OL- Overrated
OL is nowhere near overrated. Probably one of the top-10 o-lines in the country. Check out their rushing numbers last year and lack of sacks allowed. They're supposed to be even better this year too. Any apparent weakness in their offense last year was due to QB play. Goodman is overrated as an 87 at WR, everyone else is very accurate. All of their three top QBs need their overalls bumped down 3-5 points.

Their D isn't overrated. Not even close. Again, check out their numbers or read a pre-season magazine. Their front-7 is the best its been since the Holtz days. With the exception of Stanford, no one was able to pound the ball against ND last year. They only allowed 24+ points 4 times in 13 games. One of which was against Air Force in a blowout. The only question mark on D is depth in the secondary and the #2 CB. If they can avoid any key injuries, the D will be top-20, maybe top-15.

And ND does get shorthanded quite routinely. EA left out 3 starters last year, including Harrison Smith who was a 1st round draft pick. And I do edit ND's rosters, don't worry. I made their QBs worse and their WRs, and everything else stayed about the same, because for the first time since I can remember, EA actually got ND's rosters close to realistic for once.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

here is a more accurate rating of ND i feel for people saying they are too high. this roster went 10-3 with a BCS win over South Carolina when i tested it in dynasty mode. Losses were to USC, OU and BC somehow.

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...529:1340916010

Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
Rookie

jeffcrab's Arena

OVR: 1

I think that Notre Dame was a decent team last year, and they likely will be this year too, but I don't see the logic of them being national title contenders in a couple years. I feel like you fans of ND are setting yourselves up for disappointment. This is like me thinking Utah State will be a BCS buster this year. There is a slim chance, but I will most likely be disappointed. It's good to be optimistic, but you should be aiming upwards finishing a season ranked before worrying about contending.
NCAAF: Utah State, Oregon
NCAAB: Utah State, Oregon

Current Aggie, future Duck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »