Home

Recruiting House Rules

This is a discussion on Recruiting House Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #25
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Recruiting House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
Why limit yourselves? Does the CPU only give out what they have to offer? Or do they cut players each season?

Do some coaches limit themselves in real life?
I don't over sign I because I don't like to cut my players into oblivion. If they joined another team instead I would be far less inclined to "limit myself".

I don't use promises in my Alabama offline dynasty because I don't need them. i currently have the #1 recruiting class going into Bowl Week and haven't offered a single promise. I do need them for my UAB and ULL OD's though. They need all the recruiting help that they can get.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #26
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
I have no Rules or morals when I recruit. If I could give players money or cars I would. I wouldn't even care. Even back up punters. I set my recruiting difficulty to rookie and get a dream signing class every year.
I do the same thing and I try to sign as much of a dream class as I can.

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 08-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #27
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm using a 2 star school OU. I recruit for needs, I only recruit 20 players at most, and I only recruit players I feel I have a chance to get. Usually if they show interest in only one school I recruit them, or if I am in their top three, I recruit them. I dont recruit 1-2 star players even if my school is their number one choice, and I dont recruit if they have 3-4, five and six star schools in their top five.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini519
I'm playing in a dynasty with a 2 star school and in my first year I got 3 **** stars guys and a top 15 recruiting class which I thought was a tad ridiculous. I bumped up for difficulty to Heisman but I still feel recruiting can be "cheap" for the humans. For instance, I can recruit 10 WRs and cut the lowest ones every year which seems very unrealistic.

So do you guys only recruit positions of needs and not use the full 25 scholarships? It seems almost like cheating to use the full 25 scholarships every year and cutting 10 guys that you recruited every year. Ditto with having 10 CBs while other schools struggle to get any *** CBs.

In general what house rules do you follow to ensure your team doesn't get amazing right away and has the proper number of respective */**/***/****/***** recruits?

In my Dynasty.. i have the recruiting difficulty on Heisman as well.

*What i do is i can only recruit 20 players at any one time.

*Also i can only offer scholarships to players that have me in their top 3 schools, so i figure that helps especially when you are using a smaller school it takes a while to start getting big time players interested and being in their Top 3

*Can only recruit a player for as long as their caliber is.. I.E. 1* = 10 Mins 3* = 30 Mins 5* = 50 Mins etc.

Other then that i dont do anything special and it usually takes me 3-4 years to get my team to be competitive with everyone and about 5-7 total to be a solid contender

201 Rec. 2365 Yards 19 TD
3x All-RMAC 1x All-Colorado College Football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBM8UAYXZw (2009-2010 highlights)
Old 08-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #29
Rookie

BlueLuck's Arena

OVR: 8

I may soon restrict myself from offering highly rated kids in pipeline states that only have a few teams on their list. Seems a bit easy to snag them, even on Heisman difficulty.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Why limit yourselves? Does the CPU only give out what they have to offer? Or do they cut players each season?

The CPU sucks at recruiting. They don't know how to prioritize. I'm in the third year of my dynasty, second year as HC at LaTech, and I'm going to end up with a top-5 recruiting class without working terribly hard at it. That's not realistic.

In real life, coaches are limited to 85 recruits, and they can't just cut scholarship players because they have a lower overall.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Because a human has a distinct advantage over bad computer net coding like in this game. You can abuse the system and stack a 2 star program in a matter of a couple years.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »