Home

Can commish see if users restart like in 2012?

This is a discussion on Can commish see if users restart like in 2012? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Can commish see if users restart like in 2012?

I think that, if possible, it would be very beneficial if not only you could see that they restarted, but also what the score of the game was when they restarted. It's pretty clear what happened when you have a restart and the user was losing 35-14.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
CPU games in ODs are played offline so his internet being on the fritz has nothing to do with him restarting. The only thing he needs internet for is to start the game (before there can be a restart) and after the game (which he can just sit and wait until his internet if up to upload the results).
they are played offline?? then how am i losing connection to ea server and even have lag in a game?? i had 3 restarts bc one game at least one player was stuck in a slow motion glitch where he would move a half a frame per second which ticked me off. another restart bc i lost connection to server, and another restart bc the studio update comes up so many times thegame just froze.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

i also wish that not only could we see how many restarts but to see if they actually quit the game or did they get disconnected. also i think the commish needs more power like saying that if u quit i can just select the game and give u a loss no matter what instead of just simming the week and watching the person that quit still win the damn game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
they are played offline?? then how am i losing connection to ea server and even have lag in a game??
You lose your connection to ea servers because you lost the connection to EA servers (which has happened to me while looking at conference standings in my offline dynasty too). It has nothing at all to do with your OD CPU game though. You can start an OD CPU game and then yank the LAN cable if you want. As long as you have a connection when the game is over and you need to upload the results then you're fine.

I'm not sure what the "lag" is that you're experiencing, but it's not latency to EA servers or anything like that because the game is played offline.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
Rookie

SpartansAreComing's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish there was a Hardcore option to select when creating dynasties that disabled restarts, and if you exited the game manually it would sim the rest and count the game. If there was some kind of break in connection and the user lost connection then I could understand the need to allow them to restart.

I have a friend who would be on the 12 game restarts a week. I started watching his scores through the xbox friends list. He would start a game, halfway through the first 8 minute quarter he would be down by 14 and he would restart, wouldnt even try to overcome the adversity. Once I saw him restart a minute in when he was down 0-7. Asked him what happened and he said on the kickoff they ran it back for a TD.

Needless to say, most my friends are these types of players. They play dynasty mode to win all their games and the NC, the only thing stopping them is me and I make it a point to stop them. I am the kind to play a dynasty and roll with the punches and really try to build a program by wins and losses.

Last edited by SpartansAreComing; 08-04-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #14
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You lose your connection to ea servers because you lost the connection to EA servers (which has happened to me while looking at conference standings in my offline dynasty too). It has nothing at all to do with your OD CPU game though. You can start an OD CPU game and then yank the LAN cable if you want. As long as you have a connection when the game is over and you need to upload the results then you're fine.

I'm not sure what the "lag" is that you're experiencing, but it's not latency to EA servers or anything like that because the game is played offline.
do u have proof that it is played offline?? and losing connection to the servers has sent me to the menus so i have no idea where you're getting this at
Old 08-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

My problem is once I lose internet connection with an ethernet cable for my PS3 is that the only way I can get it to reconnect is to restart my ps3. Therefore I can never upload the result if I lose connection mid game, I'm forced to start all over again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
do u have proof that it is played offline?? and losing connection to the servers has sent me to the menus so i have no idea where you're getting this at
The only proof I had was my own experiences so I went ahead and created some irrefutable proof (sorry for the crappy quality).

So this shows that losing internet connection during a CPU OD game should never be a sufficient excuse for a restart in an OD.

EDIT:
Based on the post above this one (I don't know if that issue is specific to that poster or some stupid thing that's normal for PS3) I'll qualify the above by saying that everything I'm saying is specific to the 360.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-04-2012 at 04:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »