Home

Notre Dame Overrated

This is a discussion on Notre Dame Overrated within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Notre Dame Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin2010
I don't want to hear that oh USC barely lost to this team or that team. It works for 1 loss, maybe even 2. But USC has 0 quality wins and 5 losses. They are the 5th best team in the PAC-12.

I'm not going to go into whether who is more deserving between UF, UGA and Bama. A lot of it has to go with the eye test from humans and Alabama has looked like the best team.

And it is almost "fact" that osu wouldn't be in. The buckeyes are 6th in the BCS computers. So even if they were to move up to #2 in the polls, bama or Georgia with a big win this weekend would stay in front of Ohio state. I really don't think voters would put osu in front of Alabama, maybe Georgia. But all you got to do is roll the tape from week 1 when bama could've put 60 on Michigan and just yesterday when Michigan played even with Ohio state.
I agree USC didn't get the job done this season. that falls on Lane Kiffin. i mean to go 7-5 with that kind of talent is not good. USC was preseason AP #1. USC has not been able to beat the top teams. the reason why OSU's computer ranking is so low is partially because the Big10 is not as strong. Also Cal turned out to not have a good season, and OSU beat them in the OOC. they also would get a boost by playing the extra game in the MCCG, but the team they would play is not as highly ranked as the teams in the SEC title game.

i agree with your point about how Bama steamrolled Michigan and OSU struggled. then again, teams within the same conference generally know each other better and play closer. i mean look at all the overtime games this season. i don't think OSU is as good as Bama. but you got to remember, Ohio St is undefeated, while Bama has 1 loss. that one loss would overcome a lot of the computer advantage Bama had. it might end up being a toss up between unbeaten OSU, and 1 loss SEC teams. but a few years ago, the Big10 and the SEC were more even then they are now. the SEC might have gotten the nod if OSU and SEC teams had the same record, but traditionally it's hard to put a 1 loss team in over an undefeated team. going undefeated in a major conference like the Big10 or SEC used to matter. it's goes to show how much college football has changed when you're making the argument that undefeated OSU still wouldn't have made it over 1 loss SEC teams. If OSU been eligible, it's hard to say for sure if they would have made it.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #58
Pro

Pielet's Arena

This just proves a 16 team playoff should occur. Games should begin in two weeks versus now ND and Bama/Ga waiting a month.

#BCSSucks
Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #59
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

16 team ends any debate about strength of schedule (Except for the number 17 and 18 teams that don't get in). Put the top 16 BCS teams in and there you go.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #60
Pro

Pielet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000yards
16 team ends any debate about strength of schedule (Except for the number 17 and 18 teams that don't get in). Put the top 16 BCS teams in and there you go.
I once heard this which I thought would be fascinating.....

16 team playoff begins with normal bowl season
Final game happens on Super Bowl Saturday creating a fabulous football weekend.

Kinda corny, but sounds perfect to me.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn

Yum yum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #62
Rookie

BleedOrange26's Arena

OVR: 0
42-14...need I say anymore?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange26
so who won?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #64
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange26
Other than have the wrong team win it all, the game was pretty damn accurate for the OP considering it got Alabama vs. ND correct.

I nicely cooked serving of crow is still in order.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »