Home

NFL Draft

This is a discussion on NFL Draft within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #49
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NFL Draft

Is anyone noticing that some players are declaring for the NFL Draft, but then pop up back on their teams after? Does that mean they went undrafted? Happened with Jay Ajayi twice and Keith Marshall once.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #50
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

well yeah, we can promise to keep them from declaring. the CPU does the same.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #51
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
well yeah, we can promise to keep them from declaring. the CPU does the same.
So the chances are they were given promises? I don't want this screwing up my draft classes since I'm simming 10 Years ATM.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #52
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes, the CPU coaches are able to talk the declaring players back. Your draft class will likely end up being the group of players that show up in the "Draft Results" section instead of "Players Leaving" section. It doesn't mean they disappear, they'll just be in the next year's class and likely rated even higher after progression.

I personally can't stand the promise AI this year anyway. I have house rules in place about draft status and returning players, otherwise I could just bring back anyone who wants to come back with the first promise about "regretting to get his college degree."
Old 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #53
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Thanks for all of the hard work guys. This is all obviously important for the pro pitch, but as others have said, shorter smaller RBs and WRs (and CBs for that matter) do get drafted. Hope thats been fixed.

As for importing to Madden, I'll believe it when I see it. To years ago, when we were still supposed to be able to import, I never could. Madden SAID that it imported it, but it always gave me a generic class instead. (The year Luck and RG3 would have been part of the draft class).
That plagued me for years (skipped last year's game).

Apparently you had 2 opportunities to export the draft class and needed to say yes only the 2nd time.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #54
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Apparently you had 2 opportunities to export the draft class and needed to say yes only the 2nd time.
Really? I couldnt EVER get it to work, and had used it for years and years prior to that. Hopefully, the entire process is streamlined and easy this year. I'm naming my draft classes by the year of the draft.

Very suprisingly, Johnny Manziel is back for his senior season in my dynasty, despite winning the Heisman in his freshman, sophomore and junior seasons. 99 OVR his junior season and came back. Maybe because he's short?
Old 09-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 9

This may or may not need a bump, but for those who still play ncaa and like to import draft classes here you go. I can confirm this has probably always been the limits/restrictions, looking through the draft classes in Madden 06. Thanks for this OP!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 07:59 PM   #56
Rookie

Brady11's Arena

OVR: 0

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »