Home

How does AWR affect CBs?

This is a discussion on How does AWR affect CBs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
How does AWR affect CBs?

I'm about to sign an ATH for my talentless SMU team in my OD that'll be an 80 WR or an 80 CB. I'd love his 96 SPD @ WR so I'll make him a WR, but I'd love to play him two ways at CB too (he'd be my 3rd best WR or my very best CB as a true FR). He still has 88/85/87 MCV/ZCV/PRS but his AWR will be about a 29 or so.

Will that horrendous AWR rating make him ineffective as a CB, or will his high cover skills overcome the low AWR?

As a second question, how would a low AWR affect a WR? Would I be better making him a CB and having him play WR as his second position? As a side note, I have 0 option routes in my CPB, so I don't need AWR for that.

Thanx!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Re: How does AWR affect CBs?

I still don't know how AWR affects WRs or CBs, but I did find out some good info. I created 2 identical guys (with the ratings of the ATH I'm about to sign) and made 1 a WR and the other a CB. I then put them both in the WR and CB depth charts and here's what happened to them.

CB playing WR
OVR: 80 -> 67
AWR *1/2
BTK * 2/3
CTH * 2/3

WR playing CB
OVR: 80 -> 76
AWR * 1/2
CTH * 3/4

So, while playing out of position, both guys lost half of their AWR. They both took a hit to their CTH, but the WR @ CB got 75% of the catch rating while the CB @ WR only got 66% of it. Also, the CB playing WR only gets 66% of his BTK rating for some reason.

Based on that, if you want to play a guy both ways, it looks to be better to make him a WR and play him at both WR and CB rather than make him a CB and play him both ways. Of course doing this means that he'll only progress in his WR skills and won't improve his CB skills which is another factor that needs to be considered.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

AWR is the single most important rating regarding CPU controlled players. The higher the AWR, the better they will play.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 09-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
AWR is the single most important rating regarding CPU controlled players. The higher the AWR, the better they will play.
Do you know what it'll affect? I've played a few quarters where I had my 2 identical guys as the #1 and #2 at both WR and CB. On offense I throw almost exclusively to my out of position CB. On defense, I switch teams and exclusively throw at my out of position WR. So far, I haven't seen either guy having any issues on either side of the ball (except for my out of position CB dropping a couple of passes while playing WR).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »