Home

God Mode

This is a discussion on God Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
Rookie

B4lt1m0re Fan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: God Mode

I was just playing against UConn in my second season of a Maryland dynasty and pretty much the same thing happened. I was shutting them out 21-0 until about half way through the third quarter when they kicked a field goal to make it 21-3. I scored on my next drive to make it 28-3. At the start of the 4th quarter, UConn had less than 150 yards of offense and were down to their 3rd string quarterback, a runningback. First drive of the 4th quarter they scored, with their running/quarterback picking up 60 yards passing and about 17 rushing. They then recovered an onside kick and scored on a 23 yard pass a couple plays later. They then recovered ANOTHER onside kick with a little under two minutes left. They then drove down to my 12 yard line until I picked off a pass in the endzone.

In short, UConn's runningback, that ended up playing quarterback, doubled the team's offensive numbers in the 4th quarter alone.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4lt1m0re Fan
I was just playing against UConn in my second season of a Maryland dynasty and pretty much the same thing happened. I was shutting them out 21-0 until about half way through the third quarter when they kicked a field goal to make it 21-3. I scored on my next drive to make it 28-3. At the start of the 4th quarter, UConn had less than 150 yards of offense and were down to their 3rd string quarterback, a runningback. First drive of the 4th quarter they scored, with their running/quarterback picking up 60 yards passing and about 17 rushing. They then recovered an onside kick and scored on a 23 yard pass a couple plays later. They then recovered ANOTHER onside kick with a little under two minutes left. They then drove down to my 12 yard line until I picked off a pass in the endzone.

In short, UConn's runningback, that ended up playing quarterback, doubled the team's offensive numbers in the 4th quarter alone.
There always seems like a game or two in my dynastys and road to glory games where a team goes god mode on me. The worst one I was florida gators and We were undefeted going in to the game against alabama who had lost 3 games by alot leading up to this game. We were ahead leading into the 4th 28-7. The comback started and they went ahead 35-28 with a minute left. We get the ball and move down field.

We get into the redzone at about the 5 and my running back scores but theres a flag for holding so the next play I hit my te who was uncoverd for a td yet agin holding. Next play we get back to the 5 and the next play my running back scores but yet another flag but at least they changed it up this time Clipping. The last play with about 5 seconds left I took my last chance and i thorw to a wide open wr but the CB run the length of the endzone to some how Warp through my WR to pick it off to close out the game.

Not only did they recover every onside kick they tried which was 3 in a row. Every time we scored it was called back pluse the CB who picked off the pass in the endzone was completly on the other side of the endzone when I threw it to my wide open player who was basicly right infront of me but the CB seemed like he somehow turned into speed racer or something. the Cpu should have just started the game by handing me a jar of vasaline.
EDIT: This game was from myy NCAA 12 and not 13

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 10-03-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.State
I just decided to make a rant because this game is just ridiculous. I'm used to god mode and everything and I've always played through it. But I just came upon the weakest team on my schedule which was 1-6 SJSU. I had a 66-31 lead at the start of the 4th quarter. You'd think I'd be safe right? Nope. Starting with 3 minutes left San Jose State scored a touchdown. They proceeded to recover 4 straight onside kicks and score on all of them within 30 seconds each. Luckily, I managed a 56 yard field goal as time expired to pull off the victory.

Have any of you experienced anything similar to this before? Might I also add that SJSU managed to break 6 tackles on one reception to score a touchdown. My strategy sliders were all on balanced.

Edit:
Anyway I have no proof this happened besides a box score, getting a highlight wasn't the first thing on my mind after the game. However, I did make a highlight of one ridiculous play in another game. My aggressive setting for strip ball was on during the highlight I'm about to post. I forgot to turn it off, I was trying hard to tie the game and had just finished a comeback. The whole play doesn't show, but 9 tackles were broken this play...

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...ideo/137004193
I was actualy the benificary of some tackle glitch where my Player actualy went god mode and could not be tackled. I got a int in the end zone and when I attempted to take a knee just as my player started to kneal down the AI player tried to tackle him and he turned into Robo Cop on steroieds and basicly went on auto pilot and walked the 100+yards into the endzone for a touchdown. I actualy set the controller down When I relized he was doing it by him self and I had no controll of the player. I think every player on the other team that was on the field bounced off him more than a few times while he slowly walked down the side line and into the endzone. I tried to save the highlight but it said there was no highlight avalible for that play which im guessing was becasuse it was glitched up. After that glitch though I went through a ungodly amount of injurys the rest of the game Losing my #1 wr,hb,and te for the season and 4 other players for anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
Rookie

lmao i bet the computer *** at will.force them to throw ints..but i have seen some running back break about 5 damn tackles.but they already be getting blown out by 40
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
There always seems like a game or two in my dynastys and road to glory games where a team goes god mode on me. The worst one I was florida gators and We were undefeted going in to the game against alabama who had lost 3 games by alot leading up to this game. We were ahead leading into the 4th 28-7. The comback started and they went ahead 35-28 with a minute left. We get the ball and move down field.

We get into the redzone at about the 5 and my running back scores but theres a flag for holding so the next play I hit my te who was uncoverd for a td yet agin holding. Next play we get back to the 5 and the next play my running back scores but yet another flag but at least they changed it up this time Clipping. The last play with about 5 seconds left I took my last chance and i thorw to a wide open wr but the CB run the length of the endzone to some how Warp through my WR to pick it off to close out the game.

Not only did they recover every onside kick they tried which was 3 in a row. Every time we scored it was called back pluse the CB who picked off the pass in the endzone was completly on the other side of the endzone when I threw it to my wide open player who was basicly right infront of me but the CB seemed like he somehow turned into speed racer or something. the Cpu should have just started the game by handing me a jar of vasaline.
I know this story is fabricated because clipping has been entirely removed from this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I know this story is fabricated because clipping has been entirely removed from this game.
This game was from ncaa 12 road to glory mode that I had going not from NCAA 13. In NCAA 13 I have come across a few games where the computer would go ham in the 4th and come back from being down by more than 3 touchdowns to either win or fornce overtime even though there was very little time left in the game.

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 10-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.State
They proceeded to recover 4 straight onside kicks and score on all of them within 30 seconds each.
Yeah, it happened to me and i ended up losing to the computer, mine was 3 straight onsides after i had simulated through 2 and half quarters after having a huge lead in the first.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteXavier
Yeah, it happened to me and i ended up losing to the computer, mine was 3 straight onsides after i had simulated through 2 and half quarters after having a huge lead in the first.

I'm sort of glad to see that I'm not the only one who has experienced this. There's never a comfortable moment in the game after the first game I mentioned. Even if I have a 3+ TD lead in the 4th quarter I'm never sure I've actually got it. I enjoyed reading about everyone elses experiences, thanks guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »