Home

Players labeled "bust"

This is a discussion on Players labeled "bust" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Players labeled "bust"

I really like the scouting and 'busts/gems' but yeah I think it's part one of a system that needs two parts, the second being varied progression. I wonder if we'll end up with an XP based system like in Madden. If so I hope it's heavily modified to allow RS players and what not to progress.

There really need to be two progression ratings for each player; physical and intangible. Some guys are really willing to learn the game (awareness, maybe accuracy, route running, etc) and some are capable of turning into physical beasts (speed, jump, acceleration.) Some should be both too like tackling.

I think players progress pretty well now, I'd just like some variety and maybe some actual busts and gems that progress way more or less than expected.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
. An mid to upper 80's speed HB or WR doesn't really do me much good, neither does a defensive player who can't tackle.
I'm in year 4 of my SMU OD and I've been in the top 2 in the nation for rushing every season. Unquestionably the mos reliable HB I've had was Rishaad Wimbley who graduated with 82 SPD. He was a power back who graduated with 98 TRK so his lack of speed was never an issue. If I absolutely had to get 4 yards, he was my goto guy every time.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
There seem to be (and this makes sense) a lot more 1-3 star gems and a lot of 4-5 star busts, so if you're at WKU you're probably mostly scouting 1-3 star guys so you'll see more gems than busts. If you're a powerhouse scouting 4-5 star guys you'll see more busts than gems.

As has been said a player being a bust doesn't impact their final overall rating relative to a player that was a gem. That is to say a guy that was an 80 that busts down to 70 and a player that was a 60 that gems up to 70 are effectively the same once they get to campus.

I've seen what I believe to be the CPU avoiding busts, but I haven't noticed them targeting gems.

Also be somewhat careful deciding yourself whether someone is a gem or bust before fully scouting. I've had guys go down to -6 after scouting them half the way then back up to 0 or +1 when fully scouted. Pay attention to what ratings are going down or up. A slot WRs blocking plummeting may not effect you nearly as much as their speed, for example.

Edit: Sooner, is he 100% scouted? If he's at like 98% it won't label him yet. It seems like position players rated over 81 always end up dropping down.
Yes, i just went and re checked. I was wrong on his ovr numbers though, pre scouting he was actually an 87 and dropped after scouting 100% to a -9 78.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Yes, i just went and re checked. I was wrong on his ovr numbers though, pre scouting he was actually an 87 and dropped after scouting 100% to a -9 78.
I've had this happen to me before with a athlete. I think he isn't a but because he is still so good for a 5 star player. I think the bust/gem has a certain window for each level of recruit. Say a 5 stars guy is a dem if he's 84 or higher and a but if he drops into like 73 or lower.

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 10-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
I've had this happen to me before with a athlete. I think he isn't a but because he is still so good for a 5 star player. I think the bust/gem has a certain window for each level of recruit. Say a 5 stars guy is a dem if he's 84 or higher and a but if he drops into like 73 or lower.
Hmm, thats a good point, i hadnt thought of that possibility.
I had always just made the assumption that it was based on how many points you gained or lost. Never occured to me that the stars could be tied into a tier with overalls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Hmm, thats a good point, i hadnt thought of that possibility.
I had always just made the assumption that it was based on how many points you gained or lost. Never occured to me that the stars could be tied into a tier with overalls.
Yup! Haha had to help out a fellow sooner!

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #23
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
Yup! Haha had to help out a fellow sooner!
While your'e helping out fellow sooners, can you give Landry Jones one hell of a pep talk?......lol
Dont want him reverting back to K-state form
Old 10-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #24
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

Haha right?! Gosh sometime he does play like a 1 round qb other times barely a 5th or 6th rounder. Ugh

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »