Home

Dynasty Tracking Sheet

This is a discussion on Dynasty Tracking Sheet within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #49
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Dynasty Tracking Sheet

Started working on this tonight... Numbers spreadsheet.

EDIT: Progress made...

Last edited by richmondn96; 10-05-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #50
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Looks pretty good so far.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I am sure I am this is easier then I think but I am confused about the spreadsheet jello posted.

1.) Each year for the roster if someone leaves do I just have to delete them from this section?

2.) When adding stats do I add them for each game or is it just the end of the season totals?

3.) How exactly do I add the stats for each game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have 3 spread sheets I use to track my EMU dynasty.

I have one for Player stats for game/season/career that also has my schedule for each season and my records vs. all teams.

My second SS is a recruting/depth chart one. I have one tab for recruiting and then I have each position mapped out for the next five years to see where Ineed to recruit.

The third SS is a history one. The records of each conference each year, as well as the teams overall rating and stars at the beginning of year.

If anyone wants a copy, just message me.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #53
Rookie

Herdfan9's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip41
I have 3 spread sheets I use to track my EMU dynasty.

I have one for Player stats for game/season/career that also has my schedule for each season and my records vs. all teams.

My second SS is a recruting/depth chart one. I have one tab for recruiting and then I have each position mapped out for the next five years to see where Ineed to recruit.

The third SS is a history one. The records of each conference each year, as well as the teams overall rating and stars at the beginning of year.

If anyone wants a copy, just message me.
could i get a copy?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 8

Hey Jello,

I just wanted to say your tracking spreadsheet is awesome. I've been using it through my first season at Syracuse and it's been quite fun.

I just wanted to let you know that after I downloaded your spreadsheet I made some amendments to it. I really hope you don't mind. I found it quite difficult to keep track of per game stats, especially for stats which are quite low each game (like blocking) or have alot of players contributing each game (like receiving and defense).

What I did was reduce your tracker so now I just keep season stats for receiving, blocking, defense, kicking/punting, returns. I found it much better since personally I like season and career totals.

To counter this, I have made a guideline for what I consider milestone games for which I note down individual performances, so I can have the high point of a particular players career (game wise). Some basic rules for this are:
Over 200 yards rushing/recieving
Over 10 receptions
Over 300 yards passing
Over 200 yards pass & 100 yards rushing (QB)
More than 4 TDs (QB)
More than 3 TDs (rush/rec)
More than 3 INTs
More than 3 Sacks
More than 10 tackles (thinking about making this 12)
More than 5 TFLs
More than 5 FGs
(Note, I've said more than but the numbers are inclusive).

I've also made a Bowl history tab where I've gone to wikipedia and listed every bowl with year started, location played, prize money and the bowl logo. What I then do is place a Bowl Result section in your Dynasty Info tab and copy/paste the respective Bowl logo on that page (expanded a little) so I can see which Bowls I've been involved in and stuff.

All in all, your spreadsheet was such an amazing effort and I am really grateful you shared it will all of us.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #55
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Hey Jello,

I just wanted to say your tracking spreadsheet is awesome. I've been using it through my first season at Syracuse and it's been quite fun.

I just wanted to let you know that after I downloaded your spreadsheet I made some amendments to it. I really hope you don't mind. I found it quite difficult to keep track of per game stats, especially for stats which are quite low each game (like blocking) or have alot of players contributing each game (like receiving and defense).

What I did was reduce your tracker so now I just keep season stats for receiving, blocking, defense, kicking/punting, returns. I found it much better since personally I like season and career totals.

To counter this, I have made a guideline for what I consider milestone games for which I note down individual performances, so I can have the high point of a particular players career (game wise). Some basic rules for this are:
Over 200 yards rushing/recieving
Over 10 receptions
Over 300 yards passing
Over 200 yards pass & 100 yards rushing (QB)
More than 4 TDs (QB)
More than 3 TDs (rush/rec)
More than 3 INTs
More than 3 Sacks
More than 10 tackles (thinking about making this 12)
More than 5 TFLs
More than 5 FGs
(Note, I've said more than but the numbers are inclusive).

I've also made a Bowl history tab where I've gone to wikipedia and listed every bowl with year started, location played, prize money and the bowl logo. What I then do is place a Bowl Result section in your Dynasty Info tab and copy/paste the respective Bowl logo on that page (expanded a little) so I can see which Bowls I've been involved in and stuff.

All in all, your spreadsheet was such an amazing effort and I am really grateful you shared it will all of us.
The Bowl History tab and Bowl result section sound interesting. Mind posting a file tarek?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm just trying to decide which way to go with all the great stuff that's been posted. In advance, thanks.

Something I've always noted in my old-school system of keeping up with the mostly general stuff (schedule/results w/ game MVP as well as Strategy/Skill points, preseason and postseason awards, final rankings along with conference records of SEC, my recruiting results, etc.) is to jot down the recruiting rankings from both the current and previous seasons.

I keep track of those in the top-25, SEC, and top 3 or 4 in ea. conference, as well as surprising results (unranked UCF had the #9 class? and PAC12 runner-up ArizSt was #67?!).

What I've always wondered was if there was a way to create a spreadsheet which charts the combination of say, the last 2 or 3 recruiting rankings with/against a team's final poll ranking. Kind of like a predictor of some sort, I guess. Will ASU's #67 class eventually lead to a decline in their play on the field? Will the UCF example lead to an uprising by the Knights?

Or....do those with a great deal more experience at this (I only started with '11, skipped '12, and bought '14 only when the death-knell announcement came out as I'm now finishing up a few '13 dynasties) know that there is no rhyme or reason, and no on-field influence of "the" programs (Ala., Mich., USC, etc.) regardless of average or even poor recruit classes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »