Home

Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru?

This is a discussion on Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru?

The Commentary in this game really holds it back, they could totally clean up every glitch and make this the best playing game in the world but the stale commentary just makes it seem like you have played this game 100x before. I bought it used this year and promptly returned it about 4 days later, this last iteration was very weak.

Honestly, I think I am at the point where I am just scrubbing this generation of NCAA as a loss, there are simply too many legacy issues and not enough improvement year to year to keep me interested. I used to buy it new every year but they will have to earn my trust back.

I dont like getting reviews from people on here just because the NCAA haters are rediculous and will slam the game no matter what and the mainstream reviews are too simplistic(every year it gets between a 8.0 and a 9.0).
Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
The Commentary in this game really holds it back, they could totally clean up every glitch and make this the best playing game in the world but the stale commentary just makes it seem like you have played this game 100x before. I bought it used this year and promptly returned it about 4 days later, this last iteration was very weak.

Honestly, I think I am at the point where I am just scrubbing this generation of NCAA as a loss, there are simply too many legacy issues and not enough improvement year to year to keep me interested. I used to buy it new every year but they will have to earn my trust back.

I dont like getting reviews from people on here just because the NCAA haters are rediculous and will slam the game no matter what and the mainstream reviews are too simplistic(every year it gets between a 8.0 and a 9.0).
This. I bought it new for 45 from Amazon but got tired of it after like 3 dynasty seasons in 3 weeks and then solid it to some sucker for 40. 5 bucks for a 3 week rental? Not bad if you ask me. It was alright fun for those 3 weeks but I was getting so tired of the nonsense and the staleness already.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #35
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I bought and have bought it every year since its inception. It's my favorite game an unfortunately the only college game their is. The best thing that could ever happen would be for another company to provide some competition. Whether or not that'll ever happen remains to be seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #36
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

still playing 11

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #37
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Didn't get it/won't get it.

Played the demo every now and then for a couple of weeks and didn't see improvements where they needed to be made (line play and CPU playcalling). After playing Madden 13 a bit, I'm not psyched for this year's NCAA release either unless Infinity is seriously upgraded. Bring on the next gen and a new engine and lets get some real progress made.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

Didn't get it, though I was tempted out of sheer craving for a college football game.

Had the title the last few years, but while they were OK games, I always found them lacking. It was inexcusable to me that the prior generation of titles (on PS2) had more features, a better feel to gameplay, etc. This generation, for the most part, controlling players felt stilted and clunky and recruiting, a feature that was just asking to be unbuttoned, seemed like an afterthought.

Eh, I'll probably wait to the next generation of consoles drops and hope they really go to school on this title.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #39
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

I have not bought NCAA, just rented it. Why play 50-60 bucks for what is pretty much a glorified beta? The only way I can see this game being back to great again is if the development team just starts over from scratch. I dont think this will happen just because of money. They make plenty of money selling an inferior product as it is, why try to innovate itself when it has no competition, and a lackluster develop team who really doesn't understand football.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #40
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm predicting right now that NCAA 14 will be the greatest football game in the history of college football video games!! You'll see such things as:

Spring Game

Dynamic Recruiting

A Newly Revamped Coaching Carousel where you can now hire and fire coordinators

The College Experience: NCAA's version of Connected Careers

Mascots Dynasty Mode

Multiple Running and Throwing Styles

BCS Playoff System

IE 1.5

Expanded rosters from 70 to 73

Expanded Online Dynasty where now you and two of your friends can all be coaches at the same school and can be hired away to other schools.

Expanded Road To Glory: You can now start your career from Pop Warner. Watch your player grow in size as he reaches high school.

Heisman Challenge 2.0: New players added from the 40's and 50's with the games played in black and white with leather helmets and all.

All New Revamped Commentary: 162,000 new lines rehearsed for game specific situations. New commentators Doris Burke and Chris Spielman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »