Home

Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru?

This is a discussion on Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #41
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru?

Didn't buy it for the 1st time in years. Don't see myself buying it in the future either. 2k has the throne as my #1 must have sports title every year.

Follow me!- www.twitter.com/chris11sg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm predicting right now that NCAA 14 will be the greatest football game in the history of college football video games!! You'll see such things as:

Spring Game

Dynamic Recruiting

A Newly Revamped Coaching Carousel where you can now hire and fire coordinators

The College Experience: NCAA's version of Connected Careers

Mascots Dynasty Mode

Multiple Running and Throwing Styles

BCS Playoff System

IE 1.5

Expanded rosters from 70 to 73

Expanded Online Dynasty where now you and two of your friends can all be coaches at the same school and can be hired away to other schools.

Expanded Road To Glory: You can now start your career from Pop Warner. Watch your player grow in size as he reaches high school.

Heisman Challenge 2.0: New players added from the 40's and 50's with the games played in black and white with leather helmets and all.

All New Revamped Commentary: 162,000 new lines rehearsed for game specific situations. New commentators Doris Burke and Chris Spielman.
Where in the world did you get these delusions from? The added heisman challenge (which is a waste of time and effort to be added IMO) instead of trying to do something good like fix the coaching carousel. So many things to this day after 7 years are still broken. I can't see the devs do anything more than sugar coating 14 and many people have lost faith that it will be any better.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 01-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #43
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Didnt buy it. Borrowed my friend's for about about a week, and was glad i didnt. I really hope '14 is better.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #44
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Where in the world did you get these delusions from? The added heisman challenge (which is a waste of time and effort to be added IMO) instead of trying to do something good like fix the coaching carousel. So many things to this day after 7 years are still broken. I can't see the devs do anything more than sugar coating 14 and many people have lost faith that it will be any better.

Tongue in cheek...
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #45
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
LOL!

I think he's showing a sense of humor in regards to EA.

Instead of bashing them which they deserve he's just making fun of them and marketing ploys over the years.
Westview Basketball #33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #46
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

It sucks, because for people like me who have to have their yearly fix of a college football video game, I'm not left with much of an option. So when EA releases a new football game, even microscopic differences make the game hard not to buy. I enjoyed '13, but I'd argue that most of my enjoyment came from the fact that it was college football.

With SCEA giving us the fact sheet for MLB '13, it's hard not to fault EA. After all, they probably have a bigger budget to play with and more workers. Yet, I'd be surprised if I see the NCAA series reach the level The Show has reached in the next ten years. Really, I would. Sooner or later, EA is going to figured out that realism is what people crave. Casual or hardcore, people want to see what they see on TV. Let's just not hope its after their series has been canceled.

The fact of the matter is, I'm not the fan of the NBA that I am of College Football. Yet, I've played 2k13 about twice as much as NCAA '13. What does that tell you?

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #47
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
LOL!

I think he's showing a sense of humor in regards to EA.

Instead of bashing them which they deserve he's just making fun of them and marketing ploys over the years.

You got it bro....

Get ready for that new mini-game feature caled:

Punt, Pass and Kick: Will be done at halftime of the National Championship game. You will either be able to watch it or skip but IT's IN THE GAME!!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #48
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
The fact of the matter is, I'm not the fan of the NBA that I am of College Football. Yet, I've played 2k13 about twice as much as NCAA '13. What does that tell you?
Well I think that is fairly common amongst all sports games these days. The more of a fan you are of the real sport, the harder it is to enjoy the video game representation of it. There are a lot of folks on these boards that don't follow soccer or hockey, and they love the Fifa and NHL series. But the die hards rip those games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »