Home

Position Battle Help

This is a discussion on Position Battle Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Position Battle Help

Hey guys, I've got a few QB's on my team and I don't know which one to start and I was wondering if I could get your input. I'm playing Coach Mode and I run the Penn St. playbook so just head's up.

QB 1
Senior(RS)
82 OVR
78 SPD
77 AGI
85 AWR
83 THP
78 THA

QB2
Freshman
77 OVR
92 SPD
83 AGI
58 AWR
79 THP
84 THA

QB3
Junior(RS)
77 OVR
64 SPD
68 AGI
73 AWR
83 THP
82 THA

I'm leaning towards QB 1, but I'm really intrigued by QB 2's raw ability. Also, I just had a 81 RS Soph transfer in this year, so it'll be even harder next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Position Battle Help

QB2. The only thing QB1 has over QB2 is awareness. In my experience I've never noticed this to be a problem. Some will say he'll play worse on the road in tough situation, but I think it's a placebo effect. Still yet QB 2 has 6pts of accuracy more than QB1 so I think that would make up for it.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife
QB2. The only thing QB1 has over QB2 is awareness. In my experience I've never noticed this to be a problem. Some will say he'll play worse on the road in tough situation, but I think it's a placebo effect. Still yet QB 2 has 6pts of accuracy more than QB1 so I think that would make up for it.
QB2 has a wet noodle arm (79 THP.....) and QB1 has a huge AWR advantage too. I don't know if you noticed this part or not, but he's playing coach mode so I'd imagine that AWR is just as important in coach mode (although I don't play it) as it is for CPU QBs, which is pretty damned important.

For this situation, (especially with PSU's pb) I'd go with 1 easily.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
Pro

I just want to remind you that it is coach mode. I'm going to roll with QB 1 to start out with because of the big AWR jump and also having a Senior QB playing the position in the first game of the year in Gainsville. Not the best place to start a career for a freshman. I'll post stats after the game.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

I would start QB1 and redshirt QB2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
I would start QB1 and redshirt QB2.
Well, I just finished up Game 1 and I was upset by unranked Florida (I'm SJSU btw) 20-17 on a last second FG and QB 1 stats looked ok, but he played a crappy game.

QB 1
21/30 244 yds 70 % 20 Car 57 yds Rush TD and a fumble and 8 SACKS!!!!

I can't stand the sacks that he took. Half the time it was because he couldn't wait long enough for a route to develop and he goes running straight into the DLine's arms. And his one fumble was returned for a TD, making the difference in the game. I really don't know what to do. My starting HB went down for 9 weeks and now I have an incompetent QB running the show. The one bright spot is my WR who had 9 REC for 117 yds. I'll roll with QB 1 for another game, but I might switch it up between QB 3 as well since he's a pocket passer and running is a last resort.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »