Home

Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose

This is a discussion on Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUFreak083
I was playing as Penn State vs Nebraska in my dynasty, and at the end of the first half Taylor Martinez was 10 for 10 with 4 touchdowns. You can not tell me that I was not already programmed to lose.
You weren't "programmed to lose". I've won 60 straight games in NCAA before on Heisman. If I was "programmed to lose" one of those games, it wasn't very good programming.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I was playing as Penn State vs Nebraska in my dynasty, and at the end of the first half Taylor Martinez was 10 for 10 with 4 touchdowns. You can not tell me that I was not already programmed to lose.
That's the only possible explanation so of course you were programmed to lose.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #19
Rookie

PSUFreak083's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
That's the only possible explanation so of course you were programmed to lose.
There is no way that Taylor Martinez ever does that.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Quote:
So, you were "programmed to lose" because Taylor Martinez never would do that. Maybe he wouldn't, but it begs two questions:

1>What are Martinez's THP, THA, and AWR ratings in the dynasty this happened in? Reason I ask is the higher those 3 ratings are the more likely "robo" QB occurs. Someone will say AWR does not matter but, using the sliders I use AWR matters for all players.

2>What are the cpu QBA sliders in the dynasty as well? Same reason as reason for above question. However, the higher the cpu qba allows more robo qbs not just Martinez.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

My most recent loss I had was this morning. It was 30-24 OT at Wyoming. I was Air Force. It was a clean loss, sure I threw an interception that should not have happened. However, the interception was not the reason I lost. The loss was clean, however, I am bothered by the CPU getting really stupid late in the game. Wyoming up 24-17 just over 2 minutes left, and Wyoming calls 3 straight passes. That may seem "realistic", but I did not have all 3 timeouts when the drive started. I get ball back and promptly throw an interception, not the interception mentioned earlier. Wyoming gets ball back and 3 kneels ends game. They run ball 3 times, on 3rd run, the HB fumbles and my CB picks it up and returns it to tie game.

I should have lost clean in regulation but ultimately lost in OT, mainly due to a BAD COACHING DECISION on my part. Game played great until last 2 minutes of regulation. OT played fine as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
You have to understand that video games are meant to be a separate world than real life. NCAA football does not recognize Martinez or Manziel or any player, it recognizes programmed ratings. The reason these games are made is for people to get the chance to run teams the way they want. I will never understand why people want video games to play out exactly like real life because it completely defeats the purpose.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #23
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Doesn't this happen in real life? Some days, a team just struggles for no reason when one is hot. In my 1 dynasty, I pulled off a major upset over Alabama one game, where almost everything went right for me, while a few weeks later I struggled and dropped one to FIU. It happens in real life, it happens in the game.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface786
This is why it is impossible to make sports games. Because everyone cries about how they want a "realistic" game, but when they lose a game they think they should win they say it's the computer cheating. Weird fumbles, good quarterbacks missing receivers, it all happens in real life too and I have never once seen the players in the press conference afterwards complain about cheating. I am not saying this game is perfect, but it is a lot better than people give it credit for. We unfortunately live in a society where everyone is a winner and everyone gets a trophy so no one knows how to accept losing anymore.
I have played 4 season's and the only lose has come from that game against texas and have won 3 national titles and came close to getting in the national title game even during that season even with the 1 defete. My problme was not lossing the game I could have cared less about that it was how it happend. 6 or 7 int's in one game where I usualy throw one or maybe two and at the most three during any other game I have played in 4 season's. On top of that my RB fumbled almost every time he touched the ball where He has since not lost even one. I just find it odd that even in a video game something like that would happen. I don;t call that even close to being relistic. Its not like I was a fcs team playing with the big boys or something. Also it was not players shaken up being on the road because thats a so called neutral sight. Like I said Its not something where I can;t take a lose if I lose out right I lose no big deal its a game but I don;t want to wast money on a game where the A.I desides who's going to win or lose like that I at least want a fighting chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »