Home

The Super Quarterback

This is a discussion on The Super Quarterback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Rookie

jandy's Arena

OVR: 0
The Super Quarterback

The online dynasty I'm in just finished its 7th season, and I played Notre Dame in the National Championship. I had just beaten Texas in the SEC Championship (we realinged conferences a few years in to make things more competitive). In both of these games, I had to face what I deem a "Super Quarterback." They're the only 2 we've had in the dynasty, but I find it ridiculous that EA would create a prospect with the skills they possessed. Never has a quarterback existed that resembled these two players, and I'm not sure if he ever will. Both were two of the most frustrating games I have ever played due to the quarterback and the spread offenses that my opponents ran.

Texas' QB was:
98 speed
98 acceleration
96 agility
94 elusiveness, with
93 throw power and
88 throw accuracy

ND's QB was even better, with:
99 speed
99 acceleration
96 agility
96 elusiveness
and
94 throw power
88 throw accuracy

With the effectiveness of the read option against man defense in this year's game, it was even more difficult to stop the offenses led by these two guys.

Anyway, has anyone else encountered a player to the caliber of these two? A guy with world-class speed and athleticism that also has one of the strongest arms in the country, with great accuracy to go along with it? If so, and even if not, how do you guys feel about these "Super Quarterbacks?"

Also, if you played against a guy like this, how did you do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Super Quarterback

TBO, QBs like that are a dime a dozen in '13. Most are found as ATH in recruiting. Usually they are better suited for WR but a year under redshirt gets their THA up enough to be great QBs.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Rookie

jandy's Arena

Athletic quarterbacks as ATH are common, yes, but a player to this caliber has been a rarity in our dynasty and I assume others as well. RGIII is the only player that comes close to these guys, but even he isn't on their level.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandy
Athletic quarterbacks as ATH are common, yes, but a player to this caliber has been a rarity in our dynasty and I assume others as well. RGIII is the only player that comes close to these guys, but even he isn't on their level.
Vick in college compares and RGIII is right there. The problem is recruits get faster with progression. These guys came in with 96 speed and that's about where they should have finished
Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think RGIII would be right in line with these ratings. His skills were proven not only by his onfield play but his ability in track.

Speed normally increases 1 per season, which isn't too crazy. Speed may not be an easy ability to increase, but with the trainers and training facilities players will definitely increase their speed in college. I would think an increase of about 2 speed for a player's career would be more in line, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Rookie

SpergLordStuntn's Arena

OVR: 1

any top ATH with some throwing power turns into this player within a year or 2, i honestly recruit players like this every other season but i make them CB's or WR cuz you really only need 1 under center
Old 02-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

It is not unusual for someone in my dynasty to have one or two of these caliber players on their team. We are just finishing our 7th season, and I would say that most everyones QB is over 90 speed and 90 acceleration and usually over 85 thp and around 85-90 tha. I think that it is unreal and there should not be 5 or more of these players every year. It makes an offense soo much harder to stop, especially when the person using them run the read option and scramble, but can still throw on a dime. Very frustrating.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zWhite Dragon
It is not unusual for someone in my dynasty to have one or two of these caliber players on their team. We are just finishing our 7th season, and I would say that most everyones QB is over 90 speed and 90 acceleration and usually over 85 thp and around 85-90 tha. I think that it is unreal and there should not be 5 or more of these players every year. It makes an offense soo much harder to stop, especially when the person using them run the read option and scramble, but can still throw on a dime. Very frustrating.
These QBs are very common and I usually have 4 of them (at various years of progression of course) on my team. However, through 18 years of dynasty (10 offline, 8 online) I've never, ever seen anyone close to the guys that the OP listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandy
Texas' QB was:
98 speed
98 acceleration
96 agility
94 elusiveness, with
93 throw power and
88 throw accuracy

ND's QB was even better, with:
99 speed
99 acceleration
96 agility
96 elusiveness
and
94 throw power
88 throw accuracy
The vast majority of these elite QBs with mid 90s SPD have sub 90 THPs. For guys with CRAZY speed, most of their arms look like this guy for one of our user OD teams:

My current starter in my offline has the best combination of SPD and THP that I've seen:
97 SPD, 93 ACC, 94 AGI, 90 THP, 93 THA (edited down to 78), 74 ELU, 70 CAR
and he's not even that close to either of those dudes that the OP listed.

Looking at my current season in my offline, my 97 SPD QB is the fastest one in the nation by 4 points and there are only 3 guys with THP greater than 93 (96, 95, 94) and their SPDs are 75, 60, 93. No one else with THP > 90 has more than 80 SPD.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »