Home

What will the new systems mean for NCAAF?

This is a discussion on What will the new systems mean for NCAAF? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
What will the new systems mean for NCAAF?

With the little info we got on the PS4 the other day and hopefully XBOX info coming soon what do you think the future of College Football gaming will be? What are your hopes? What does it mean for us? just interested in hearing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What will the new systems mean for NCAAF?

well i hope it doesnt mean that we get 3 years of watered down NCAA games until they actually start getting good. I would rather have EA wait a year or so and put out a game that is solid.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

8 GB's of RAM and the 8-core CPU means the world to sports games. What it means is, if you ever have a team like Tiburon and a the game still lacks in a lot of areas, they are either untalented (which I don't think they are) or lazy (which I don't think they are).

They have a lot more wiggle room, so the game should no longer be confined in the way that it is now. If they want to have something like the Heisman Challenge, fine. But if they do that, there's no way they can use the excuse that they just ran out of memory (as they have this generation) because that simply wouldn't be true.

As for what it will do for the game:

- Better looking sidelines, crowds.
- Virtual announcers, and maybe even more than one set of announcers.
- Enhanced AI.
- Better looking fields.
- More animations.

Doing those things will be a lot easier for EA than they were before, but the basic fundamentals of football will still be a similar challenge.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
8 GB's of RAM and the 8-core CPU means the world to sports games. What it means is, if you ever have a team like Tiburon and a the game still lacks in a lot of areas, they are either untalented (which I don't think they are) or lazy (which I don't think they are).

They have a lot more wiggle room, so the game should no longer be confined in the way that it is now. If they want to have something like the Heisman Challenge, fine. But if they do that, there's no way they can use the excuse that they just ran out of memory (as they have this generation) because that simply wouldn't be true.
You talk about how much RAM the new system has and then talk about them adding new game modes using memory and EA using the excuse of not having enough memory (which in this case is disc space) to implement various features. These 2 things are completely different types of memory.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

alemic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You talk about how much RAM the new system has and then talk about them adding new game modes using memory and EA using the excuse of not having enough memory (which in this case is disc space) to implement various features. These 2 things are completely different types of memory.
They are not however assuming the Xbox does move to Blue-Ray there will be a lot more room for storage. People forget they make the same game for both and that really handicapped what they could have done for the PS3. The difference in space is what makes MLB The Show so much better than MLB 2k.

The RAM will help though with the crowds, sideline graphics etc as well as help the game run a lot smoother.

The main problem I hope we do not run into is starting from scratch again. They need to make sure they implement the features they have already brought out before trying new things and get the old working right. I can already see it now EA running in 50 directions while getting nowhere in the process. I still believe that was the problem with the current gen. EA tried to do to many things and then realized all people really wanted was their old features back. Hopefully they realize this time all the need to do is start with the old then bring in the new.
9-4 Sun Belt Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
well i hope it doesnt mean that we get 3 years of watered down NCAA games until they actually start getting good. I would rather have EA wait a year or so and put out a game that is solid.
I agree. I really hope it is a quicker transition than this last generation was. I expect the first edition to be watered down (I hope I am wrong), but by year 2 if they aren't up to speed it will be a disappointment.

As for the game itself, I expect an even prettier version with some nice new features, but at it's core, it will be the same old engine. Some things will be better, others things worse as they pile on bandaids to the 10+ years of bandaids currently in play. But there will be enough good things for me to buy every other year.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
With the little info we got on the PS4 the other day and hopefully XBOX info coming soon what do you think the future of College Football gaming will be? What are your hopes? What does it mean for us? just interested in hearing.

Hopefully a full fledged physics system.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson
Old 02-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You're right, I should have mentioned the fact that disc space likely won't be a problem either. It shouldn't be, at least.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »