Home

NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 - Can We Export Draft Classes Into Madden NFL 25?

Would anyone happen to have contact info (EMAIL) for Larry Richart from EA?

Larry is the program designer for both NCAA Football and Madden. If we can get a petition going to his email ect. about the complaints we have for not having the export draft class option, hopefully we can get him to include the change in Madden 25 as well before it releases.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #58
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
Money does mean more time in terms of man hours. Another 50k = a year of a software engineer working on the game. Whoever decided that importing classes from NCAA wasn't a priority really doesn't know who plays the franchise feature well. I know I can't be the only one who didn't buy the game last year for that reason and that reason alone.
That assumes EA is willing to invest money towards this issue, which many saw as a non-issue. Besides, this decision was made over at the Madden team more than likely, as it was the Madden series that changed the status quo.

I assume they had to pay each and every person who allowed EA to use their likeness for a fake twitter handle. They had to license all the Legendary Players. They had to license Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, as well as the investment put into overhauling the entire commentary of the game. You can see where these costs really could've and likely did go up.

This doesn't even include the man hours put into the complete overhaul of Madden '13. Despite popular belief they do reinvest in these games. Also, the advertising they do is not cheap either. Production and costs to get it on the air are fairly over-the-top.

[quote\]Would anyone happen to have contact info (EMAIL) for Larry Richart from EA?

Larry is the program designer for both NCAA Football and Madden. If we can get a petition going to his email ect. about the complaints we have for not having the export draft class option, hopefully we can get him to include the change in Madden 25 as well before it releases.[quote]

The game is already finished by now. They are, or at least should be, in the process of balancing and fixing things by this point. All the core mechanics are programmed, and it would not be enough time to up and add a completely new feature, if it has not already been put in.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 05-13-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #59
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
That assumes EA is willing to invest money towards this issue, which many saw as a non-issue. Besides, this decision was made over at the Madden team more than likely, as it was the Madden series that changed the status quo.

I assume they had to pay each and every person who allowed EA to use their likeness for a fake twitter handle. They had to license all the Legendary Players. They had to license Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, as well as the investment put into overhauling the entire commentary of the game. You can see where these costs really could've and likely did go up.

This doesn't even include the man hours put into the complete overhaul of Madden '13. Despite popular belief they do reinvest in these games. Also, the advertising they do is not cheap either. Production and costs to get it on the air are fairly over-the-top.

The game is already finished by now. They are, or at least should be, in the process of balancing and fixing things by this point. All the core mechanics are programmed, and it would not be enough time to up and add a completely new feature, if it has not already been put in.
I am well aware of the costs of things I don't care about in the game. In my first post I mentioned the Jim Nantz and Phil Simms stuff as a likely huge money sinkhole. Especially considering most people hit A and skip the intros anyway. My boycott on madden is still on until they make franchise mode playable. From the sounds of these 'franchise packs' where you can play as dead people and 60 year old people, it won't be this year. Isn't EA's monopoly on the nfl ending soon? When's nfl 2k please
Old 05-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #60
Rookie

Even if EA puts the export back in NCAA Football 14 I would still hold off on pre-ordering or purchasing the game until I heard word on Madden 25. Quite a few people have said it was Madden's team that chose not to keep the draft classes last year.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 4

I think that it needs to be back in the game, it makes Madden Franchise more fun... It also is awesome to take your recruits that you build in NCAA and put them in pro football. Also you could do a CCM with your character from road to glory which was awesome, but it was boring in Madden, i remember madden 07 it had an awesome career mode. I wish they would bring that back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #62
Rookie

I'm another who won't buy either until I can export the college players I cultivated in NCAA to my franchise in Madden. I'd also expect to see this in RTG on NCAA to superstar or whatever its called on Madden

I play offline and am not interested in arty farty storylines from Trey Wingo or on new cleat designs or underarmour accessories etc. I just want a good game engine, and a good high school - NFL retirement connected simulator. High school play-offs to Canton. That should be the aim.

As mentioned above, EA have the monopoly here, they have an awesome opportunity to be selling every football fan TWO games each year. the more they make the two integral and connected, the more each boosts the others sales. It really is incredibly simple.

I was incredibly surprised by the Madden announcement last year on connected careers and the lack of multiple franchise options / export draft classes from NCAA. It just seemed EA were getting too big for their boots and assuming they knew exactly what everyone wanted. more style, less substance. Well no, I'm afraid not EA. I didnt buy either last year, nor did any of my pals as we wont do so again until we get those exported draft classes. Really does seem EA killed the goose that laid the golden egg with that silly strategy

TWO games, every year. I'm talking your language now EA... $$$$

I wont be buying either if the export facility isnt there. simple as that.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
As mentioned above, EA have the monopoly here, they have an awesome opportunity to be selling every football fan TWO games each year. the more they make the two integral and connected, the more each boosts the others sales. It really is incredibly simple.
this is exactly why they don't have to do it because they have no other external forces making them want to innovate and make a better game bc ppl still buy their games!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #64
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
this is exactly why they don't have to do it because they have no other external forces making them want to innovate and make a better game bc ppl still buy their games!
His point flew way over your head. They're missing out on sales by not making the 2 games intertwined. A lot of us would buy both because of the export draft class feature, but last year I only bought NCAA because I enjoy that game more and madden with fake players running around year 2 sounds awful to me. Why sell 1 game to everyone when you can sell 2?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »