Home

Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series

This is a discussion on Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #73
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series

Great thread, guys

1) How after major turning points in a game (say a huge pick), we immediately get Rece breaking in to prattle on about Marshall's 3-0 game. Bucket of cold water.

2) With time outs, the teams often are "confused" when they're doing the obvious thing.

3) When the coaches meet to shake hands, always the exact same gestures, including the last-second point by the winner.

4) I play DE a lot. If you pump up the crowd, it's easy to go offsides because of the button.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #74
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

1.Coach/Coordinator Prestige
2.Transfers - Hardly ever see them.
3.Crowd Attendance
4.Recruiting Promises - Promises like "playing Time" never seem to work right.
5.Super-Sim - Time run off never seems right.
6.Sidelines - Lack of detail.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #75
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Ineffective sliders. If I have USER at zero and CPU at 100, I should get demolished. This isn't the case. Also, some of them don't do what they are advertised to supposed to be doing.

CPU A.I. Not being able to run the option, weird play calling, special teams atrocities, ew. Just fix it.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #76
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

It's really annoying how the game has predetermined Games of the Week for every season. A GOTW for 2022 may not be the same as what you'd expect from 2012. In week 14, 2022 of my dynasty I'm playing in this game:

which is as obvious as you can get for a GOTW with not only #2 hosting #1, but it's even in "The Game" which is arguably the biggest rivalry in college sports.

But, since GOTWs are hard coded into the game, we get this as GOTW:

2 unranked teams with losing records.....

Seriously EA?!?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #77
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I can't stand the crowd noise. Yes, I have said this before but when the crowd cuts in and out, it's annoying. Big plays for the home team, the crowd cuts out, then comes back in super loud. Even when something bad happens for the home team, the crowd cuts out and the sighs come in super loud. Fix that glitch. Of course it needs to be louder too.

Also, the fans look like they have part of their head going through their hat during the fan cut scenes

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)

Last edited by SpartyParty11; 05-23-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would like to see them add dynamic crowd noise and commentating. Too many times have I made a crucial play late in the game only to hear some canned commentary and the crowd absolutely dead. This would definitely increase the immersion factor of the game
Old 05-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 18
Very bothersome, but the CPU or myself make an improbable comeback or win the game with no time left and there is no emotion or atmosphere.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #80
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

Sometimes on the intro to a game it will freeze on the QB throwing for a few seconds

Every time you dive forward with a QB it's a fumble

When the playclock runs down to like 5 seconds, it comes up with a message that tells you how to hike the ball even if its in the 4th quarter I think its because i always forget to turn off hints but still

Either 13 or 12, on the back of the box it shows a virginia coach doing a pregame speech to his players. Is that just with Virginia? because thats the only time ive seen it in the game and it would be awesome if it was done for every team

Highly rated CPU players always seem to stay in college forever, manziel stayed til his senior year even though he was rated 99 after his junior year. I think it should happen sometimes but not that often

They did this on NCAA 06 and not sure if they still do or not, but when you take a new job and play your old school they used to have a magazine cover about it. Thought that was neat and they could add pregame commentary to make it better. They could probably incorporate it into recruiting pitches somehow too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »