Home

How is your dynasty going

This is a discussion on How is your dynasty going within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2017, 04:21 AM   #7481
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How is your dynasty going

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_nelson88
NEED HELP!!

I just finished year 4 at UTSA with a career record at 37-16. I just completed the 2019 season where I finished 12-2 and won the C-USA Championship, but now I'm looking to go elsewhere. Before the offseason I told myself I'd like to stay in the state of Texas since that's where my recruiting ties are. 65 of my 70 players on UTSA were from Texas.

I've received offers from Auburn, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Texas Tech but I can't decide on who to become the next head coach for. I love the idea of staying in Texas, but the chance to coach at one of the other three school seems like a great opportunity as well.

HELP PLEASE

What do those other schools foundations look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #7482
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Sitting at 7-4 in my first season as Missouri's head coach. We've got one game left against A&M if memory serves. Maybe I'll get to coach that one tonight. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #7483
Pro

OVR: 0

Tulsa Golden Hurricane (6-1; 2-1)
at
Rice Owls (0-5; 0-2)
BATTLE FOR THE WILLIAMS TROPHY

Coach Que, "You know what that was out there on that field. That was players who threw their jerseys out there and thought we could beat that team. I preached all week. They play our kind of game. Run, run and run. We nearly got beat after almost shutting out Southern Miss last week." Rice started out with a 60 yard run and followed that up with an 18 yard TD run. Then Tulsa fumbles and Rice scores on a short QB run to put the Owls up 14-0 early in the first quarter. Tulsa marches downfield and scores on an 8 yard Smith catch. The Rice option continues to work as Tulsa could not stop the Owls. A very quick 21-7 Rice lead. Tulsa allowing 21 points in one quarter is unheard of. Tulsa scores and now 21-14. Then, the break the Golden Hurricane needed. On the kickoff, Rice fumbles. After a 15 yard clipping penalty, Tulsa runs it in for a 21-21 tied ballgame. For a little while, Tulsa is playing their game. A Smith 18 yard run for a score of 28-21. Another break as the Rice's QB Hollis is sacked and fumbles. Tulsa scores a 28 yard FG to go ahead 31-21. Tulsa fumbles on the first play of the second half, and the Owls score on a 11 yard pitch. 31-28. Tulsa HB Williams scores on a 5 yard run for a 38-28 lead. A 4th and inches fake punt give Rice hope. And 29 yards later a TD. 38-35. Tulsa just could not put these guys away. Tulsa goes up 45-35 off of a PA Read that went for a 52 yard TD run. Rice threw the ball a total of three times. A 41 yard TD strike was the result of one of those. 45-42. Tulsa was able to run the clock almost to all zeroes. An 18 yard FG put them ahead 48-42. Not enough time left on the clock for Rice to mount a comeback. Coach Que, "We almost got beat at our own game. Rice's Hollis and Gonzalez had 235 yards rushing on our defense. That isn't counting the other 70 plus yards their other players put on us. We have to improve in that area." Tulsa ran 41 times for 454 yards while Rice rushed 36 times for 313 yards.
Final score: Tulsa: 48 and Rice: 42

NOTE: Tulsa received 30 votes for the top 25

Players Of The Game:
Tulsa HB J. Smith: 24 rushes for 267 yards & 2 TD's; 7 catches for 70 yards & 1 TD
Rice QB T. Hollis:13 carries for 140 yards. 4 total TD's
Old 12-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #7484
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

UAB falls to 2-1 on the season as they lose to USC 33-20 in California. The Blazers had a few moments to gain the lead and pull off the upset but sadly, the plays were not there when they needed to be. QB AJ Erderly had a marvelous day passing going for almost 500 yards while Quindarius Thagard set a new school record for sacks with four on the day. "We had our chances and fought hard. Had a few things gone a bit differently, you'd be talking about a big win for this program". This comment came from Coach Reed in the post game press conference.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 12-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #7485
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

How is your dynasty going

Minnesota Gophers dynasty Year 1

6-6 (3-5) have a bowl game big against Texas Longhorns at their stadium.

Minnesota started off hot going 3-0 and then got upset by a poor San Jose state team to drop 3-1. Went on to become 5-1 where they met a Nebraska team that handed us a beating. 5-2. Bounced back following week against a poor Indiana team. 2-5. And advanced to 6-2... we were starting to get votes for top 25 but that’s where Minnesota fell apart. Facing Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan State. Michigan 21-30 loss, Penn State beat us silly at home 50-30. Wisconsin ranked 19 was by far better team. 59-18 loss. Finally Michigan State team that was doing white well on the year we had a chance to beat. Half time it was 21-21. Offensively we could do no longer until half time where starting QB Croft seemed to be oblivious to everything we were doing. We were shut out in the second half to lose 21-45. If the offense could’ve stayed hot we could’ve easily been 7-6 but we couldn’t do it. Heading into a bowl bid, Texas is by far the better team. If we want to win, we need to play the best football we have all year.

Lacking a QB who has an arm, receivers that aren’t the most reliable and a really off offensive of line, this will be a tough one. Turned Minnesota into a read option because Croft floats every pass. Fun fact. In the blowout to Penn State 50-30. That was Croft best game all year. 326 yards passing, 56 rushing, 1 rushing TD, 3 passing touchdowns, 59% 2 interceptions. Besides that game he has barely eclipsed the 200 passing yard mark. He has 1953 yards on the year 11 TDS, 13 interceptions, sacked 23 times. ( I avoid a lot with his running ability) 58% completion. He has been quite mediocre but he sure can rush which is why I switched to a read option using my half backs and him and worked quite well until we hit big 10 play and we got demolished.

But recruiting wise I found a Gem QB that was a two star had me as his top school. Freshman, 6’4 210 pounds 76 overall, 89 throw power 77 accuracy, 79 speed. Accuracy is a worry but he can be solid upgrade from what we are losing. I’m hoping he can be solid for most part and maybe open up the passing game a bit more which can lead to more open looks when running. He isn’t no 83 overall QB but he is a start and hopefully he can develop into something solid and help this Minnesota team win. Defensively we are not the worst. We are losing two great players that had good years because they’re seniors but I’m hoping that won’t hurt us too bad. Off to Texas next!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #7486
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Year 3 at UMass is down. 8-5

8-5
5-7
8-5

The freshman QB was the force behind the team. If he went, we won, if he was off, we lost. In each regular season loss we scored 10 or less points and he was awful. In each win he played well to great. He had terrible pocket awareness and got sacked more this year than my previous two QBs combined for in years 1 and 2. Not all of it was pocket awareness, he was low aware overall and missed many open reads as he seemed to lock into on receiver and if they weren't open he was sacked.

Though we went 8-4 in the regular season, we never really beat a single good team until the last game of the year when we upset a top 15 BYU team. That BYU team, however, finished the year going 1-4 against teams .500 or better with their lone win over a 7-5 Wyoming team. They were the beneficiary of a rather weak schedule, but so was I as they were still coincidentally my best win because the rest of my schedule was 7-5 or worse except for the teams that beat me were all 8+ win teams.

Our reward for the 8-4 year was a game against Illinois, a team I played the year before, maybe year 1. It wasn't close. I lost 59-14 and my freshman QB was absolutely awful.

Going into year 4 is exciting. My defense goes from a 68 overall to an 80 overall as I only graduated 1 player from the entire defensive depth chart. My offense went from a 78 to an 84, but my two tackles graduated and their replacements are meh. My superstar WR is a senior this year so I need to land a good WR class this year. All 3 cycles before I had disappointing WR boards and have taken maybe 2 WRs that may play for me. Thankfully the WR board I put together this preseason is actually good after scouting and I plan to take 4 of them as my Sr class is 24 players so I can take 25 this class if I want.

The biggest recruit I got this past offseason was a 3* Juco RB who comes in as a 78 overall Sophomore with 95 speed and acceleration. That is good as I graduated 3 running backs and lost another to transfer. My QB depth chart is a mess. I messed up and did not go after a QB last cycle so I have my Sophomore, a redshirt freshman, and a walk on. I am going to be extremely careful with my QB this year and only run him when I really need to.

My buddy who is Army went 10-1 last year, yes 11 games. He had an easy schedule as well including two FCS teams. He ended up losing 42-6 to Western Michigan in his bowl game. Clearly we both benefit from easier schedules and were destroyed when we played quality teams. He graduated half of his starters, so it will be interesting to see what type of year he has.

― Plato
Old 12-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #7487
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

opening year 2028 in orlando at the camping world kickoff against an unranked florida squad. my cathedral team is ranked #22 in preseason polls. lot of new starters to break in this year, especially on our o-line & with our linebackers.

should be a good year. we of course somehow won the conference last year despite a 1-3 overall start.

on the recruiting circuit, we might just wallop over last year’s no. 27 ranked class. the school is becoming more respective. to start the year, we’ve got 10 four-stars on the recruiting board (i only add those who are interested)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #7488
MVP

OVR: 6

#1 LSU Tigers

vs

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Georgia Tech paid a visit to Death Valley to open the season. Their offense was pretty much a no show as they only scored in 2nd and 4th quarters. But, don't let the final score fool you as their defense held their own until running out of gas in the 4th and allowing 21 its.

In his 1st game starting. QB ( JR/RS) Carlos Brown went 27/35 for 283 yds, 3 TD's, and 1 INT. To add on top of this, Heisman hopeful HB (SR) Bernard Weiss had 27 touches for 201 yds and 1 TD. He also had 6 ref's for 26 yd's, and 2TD's.

Final Score

Tigers
7/10/3/21/41
Yellow Jackets
0/7/0/7/14

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »