Home

How is your dynasty going

This is a discussion on How is your dynasty going within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #7561
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How is your dynasty going

I hope you have an even better season next year. Glad you got your game debugged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #7562
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Finally won a bowl game and finished 9-4. I beat a 6-6 Cal team who had a 2,000 rusher by a score of 10-9. That means I had 7 games of 13 where my defense did not allow a touchdown. That is one of my best years ever defensively and it was in coach mode of all modes. Cal just had too much talent on defense that they could just rush 4 and sit back with 7 and get pressure. That made it tough and I could not run the ball on them consistently at all. I got lucky to get a short field late in the game that allowed me to string together a few plays and take the lead for good.

On defense I just focused on stopping the run since they had a poor year passing and it worked. I kept the box loaded unless it was a 3rd and long and it paid off. Their RB had 80 yards, but it was on 25ish carries. Their FB killed me the most. Guy had like 5 carries for 60 yards and a few catches for another 50. Thankfully stopping the run hurt their offense so much that they could only muster 9 points.

In the off-season the Purdue job opened up and I took it. I wanted a P5 job and it was the first offered. I wish I had waited because the Mississippi State job was open just a bit later and I had wanted that one. Still, getting a new job in a P5 conference was the goal and I got it. Hopefully I can get a few good years together and get a better job. Saban retired and I really wanted that job, but I was on the list, but not offered. I had B+ prestige. I imagine had I maybe had 10 wins I would've been in the A's and potentially gotten the job.

Richt finally won the big one this year after losing it two years prior. His job is secure. They've been top 5 practically each week all 5 years. I haven't made that job my primary goal, though. With this coach I just want to either turn Purdue into a power or get a job at a power and stay there for awhile before I let the CPU take him over and create a new coach that may have Miami in mind or maybe make them a graduate of LSU or someone else and try to get them there. That's all in the future. For now I have to focus on getting Purdue on the map.

― Plato
Old 01-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #7563
Pro

Started a Coach mode dynasty a couple weeks ago and started with Texas State as the OC on 2013 rosters. Year 1 went okay, 6-6 with no bowl but we got a 78 OVR 3star gem DE in recruiting. In year 2, we’ve gone 3-3 so far, but we upset WVU in non conference, almost beat #23 Auburn and got a 74 OVR 3star WR gem in recruiting. Gonna stay put in San Marcos until at least 3/5 years on my extension runs up, and then see what P5 OC jobs come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2018, 11:08 AM   #7564
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Started a Coach dynasty with my custom conference setup(regional setup with all conferences having championship games, and BCS spots all at large) and Heisman settings. Goal of making it to Alma Mater, University of Georgia. Decided on starting my career at Colorado State in the MWC. This is with a 2017 roster on Xbox. Been a stressful season already, at 3-2, with both losses being lost at end of games by 1 point. Last game against 1-4 Utah was best yet, with a defensive TD and solid offensive game plan, ended up winning 42-9. I lost kickoff game against Colorado 15-16. Beat New Mexico St 31-24. Lost to Arizona St 23-24, I got a safety early in game that caused strange score on my end. Having a blast, so far, Madden 18 just ruined any football fix and so I went back to this GEM. I also change Coach Info before every game for no huddle (If Normal I set to Conservative, and if Aggressive move to Normal) and increase substitutions to 70 for all cpu coaches.

Here is my custom conference setup:

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 01-16-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #7565
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Colorado St update:

After a great win against Utah the week before. We traveled to 3-2 Wyoming who are in PAC12 now. What a bend don't break game by both sides. Was 3-10 at half. 3rd qrt they drove down and got another FG, to make it 3-13. My defense got a essential TO that led to a offensive TD, 10-13. 4th qrt saw only a FG by Wyoming and a missed FG by me. 10-16 final. Puts me at 3-3 now. All 3 losses close and hurt. Hopefully rebound with mostly conference schedule to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #7566
Rookie

TB dynasty is going well so far! Running with a modified Penn St. playbook (edited from Kansas so I can get the "Pro" tag) and starting with BuffEye's old 2013 rosters. No award winners the first year, but managed to make Tommy Rees look like a competent QB.

In lieu of a playoff, I divided the country into four regions and created a three-tier (with the leftovers going into Independents) system with only the top being eligible for the playoffs. The top-tier of each region has a championship game that feeds into the playoffs. If that means a 7-5 team squeaks in, then so be it.

Now, if only I can figure out how to make sanctions work to keep out the service academies from breaking-in to the top tier...
Old 01-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #7567
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscorp
TB dynasty is going well so far! Running with a modified Penn St. playbook (edited from Kansas so I can get the "Pro" tag) and starting with BuffEye's old 2013 rosters. No award winners the first year, but managed to make Tommy Rees look like a competent QB.

In lieu of a playoff, I divided the country into four regions and created a three-tier (with the leftovers going into Independents) system with only the top being eligible for the playoffs. The top-tier of each region has a championship game that feeds into the playoffs. If that means a 7-5 team squeaks in, then so be it.

Now, if only I can figure out how to make sanctions work to keep out the service academies from breaking-in to the top tier...
Can you break down your postseason and conference setups?
Old 01-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #7568
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Can you break down your postseason and conference setups?
I just did a big write-up right here.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...1&postcount=28

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »