Home

Recruiting WTF?!

This is a discussion on Recruiting WTF?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting WTF?!

This has happened multiple times to me, but I finally decided to ask about it.

I'm simming games and recruiting while I wait for rosters to come out. Anyway, I'm playing as Miami in year 3 of the dynasty starting week 8. Among other players, I'm recruiting a TE and was in a tight battle with Alabama. After advancing to week 8, there are now 5 other teams within 1000 points. These 5 teams jumped up +1735, +1380, +1950 (Marshall), +2725 (Hawaii?!), and +1735 (Iowa State). I'm pumping 700 points plus 380 bonus points per week into this guy. None of the 5 teams had a visit with him.

So, what happened? How are these teams able to gain so many points in 1 week (3800 in Hawaii's case)??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
Rookie

MU ATO's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting WTF?!

If he's a smart TE he will come run with the Thundering Herd!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider6
This has happened multiple times to me, but I finally decided to ask about it.

I'm simming games and recruiting while I wait for rosters to come out. Anyway, I'm playing as Miami in year 3 of the dynasty starting week 8. Among other players, I'm recruiting a TE and was in a tight battle with Alabama. After advancing to week 8, there are now 5 other teams within 1000 points. These 5 teams jumped up +1735, +1380, +1950 (Marshall), +2725 (Hawaii?!), and +1735 (Iowa State). I'm pumping 700 points plus 380 bonus points per week into this guy. None of the 5 teams had a visit with him.

So, what happened? How are these teams able to gain so many points in 1 week (3800 in Hawaii's case)??
Im thinking it has something to do with "The Closer" Perk being that at week 8 - the rest of the season, you get more points. Maybe, but im not for sure. Has to be something else.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Were they locked out? I know you get a big bonus when you unlock a recruit.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Visits can generate over 1000 points. That wouldn't explain five teams making that big of a jump in one week though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Visits can generate over 1000 points. That wouldn't explain five teams making that big of a jump in one week though...
It isn't visits. I'm going through season one with USF. I was building up a nice lead on one player, and WKU gets +1300 or something one week. I can't remember if they gave him a scholarship offer, but they did not give him a visit for sure. I can tell you that when I give a scholarship offer the guy doesn't jump that much. So I'm rather perplexed how this is happening.

As an aside, how does a team like Alabama skyrocket past me? They will have around the same number of "bonus" points as me, and all of a sudden when they show interest they rocket up the board.

I'd be ok with this if I could make big jumps on a player that I haven't been recruiting, but it doesn't work that way for my team. Something screwy going on here.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #7
Rookie

kunner's Arena

I am just firing up NCAA right now, but I can tell you from my stand point, that if I was being recruited by a team like USF, which might be a school Im really looking into, suddenly I receive interest from a team like Alabama, that naturally, my interest would shoot more toward them than the smaller school from strictly a competitive aspect
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Old 07-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataBull
It isn't visits. I'm going through season one with USF. I was building up a nice lead on one player, and WKU gets +1300 or something one week. I can't remember if they gave him a scholarship offer, but they did not give him a visit for sure. I can tell you that when I give a scholarship offer the guy doesn't jump that much. So I'm rather perplexed how this is happening.

As an aside, how does a team like Alabama skyrocket past me? They will have around the same number of "bonus" points as me, and all of a sudden when they show interest they rocket up the board.

I'd be ok with this if I could make big jumps on a player that I haven't been recruiting, but it doesn't work that way for my team. Something screwy going on here.
Saban has the skill where he can put 600 points into a recruit at a time instead of just 500 I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »