Home

NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions

well my goal this year, as actually is most year, to keep the sliders as close to default as possible.

since release, i had been playing close games, generally no more than 13 points scored in 5 min quarters. (only been playing nebraska vs nebraska until rosters drop). had been getting to the point where my running game was needing a looking at.

first i dropped hum tackling 1 click in effort to boost cpu running game, which i felt it helped. finally in effort to decrease my running game, i dropped hum run blocking 1 click, and man if i didn't get my butt handed to me last night.

still a low scoring game, i had 3 or 4 three and outs offensively, and the cpu rolled me the rest of the game.

still low scoring, as they only scored 14 points, but shut me out, held me to about 12 plays offensively, held my to under 5 min TOP.

just crazy. a well deserved butt kicking.

that said, when the retail version dropped, i only got a 4mb update. i did have season ticket, and pretty sure it updated when i first played that game.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #26
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

This game needs a patch and some good sliders. Too many inconsistencies in the game right now.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone else think there are too many successful, desperate tackles at the goal line by the CPU defense? This includes in the end zone where it should be a penalty. I probably get laid out in the end zone by the CPU on at least 50% of my TDs.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #28
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
This game needs a patch and some good sliders. Too many inconsistencies in the game right now.
inconsistencies in college football? I'm actually a fan of the fact that the game seems to vary how it plays game to game.

i feel like it can come out, and or get hot or cold at any given time, which certainly affects how the game is played game in and game out.

of course, i don't know specifically what you mean, inconsistencies.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Feels the same to me. The same issues before hand are still there. The loss of frame rate in game seem to get worse and worse every day though. It is happening more frequently. The game just has stability issues, it isn't stable.

I played Madden 13 early this morning. NCAA 14 doesn't run as smooth as Madden 13. That is something I thought was odd because this was suppose to be the better version of the Infinity Engine. But you play Madden 13 and then play NCAA 14, it is just a night and day difference.

It is like NCAA 14 have hiccups and hitches in every movement they do. Nothing flows smoothly like it does in Madden 13. I don't what it is, but you can definitely tell the difference between the 2 games. One just flows smoothly and runs smoothly, the other just stutters.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #30
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Feels the same to me. The same issues before hand are still there. The loss of frame rate in game seem to get worse and worse every day though. It is happening more frequently. The game just has stability issues, it isn't stable.

I played Madden 13 early this morning. NCAA 14 doesn't run as smooth as Madden 13. That is something I thought was odd because this was suppose to be the better version of the Infinity Engine. But you play Madden 13 and then play NCAA 14, it is just a night and day difference.

It is like NCAA 14 have hiccups and hitches in every movement they do. Nothing flows smoothly like it does in Madden 13. I don't what it is, but you can definitely tell the difference between the 2 games. One just flows smoothly and runs smoothly, the other just stutters.
No stutters here. Silky smooth from start to finish. Absolutely loving the game this year.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #31
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
inconsistencies in college football? I'm actually a fan of the fact that the game seems to vary how it plays game to game.

i feel like it can come out, and or get hot or cold at any given time, which certainly affects how the game is played game in and game out.

of course, i don't know specifically what you mean, inconsistencies.
Basically the game isn't consistent it's in approach to representing a college football game. Things have not been improved, it's the same stuff every year. I'm just tired, got the game early this year so I played it a lot but it's the same nonsense as last year. It needs to be cleaned up. It's look really pretty as far as visuals but gameplay just isn't right. Right now, everything is to easy and combined with the zone coverage. The IE is very weird right now. I don't know, maybe I was naive to believe they would fix the most pressing issues in the game instead of adding a new paint job or camo sleeves. I use sliders but they don't work properly either. Penalties don't work as intended, auto subs are still off. Robo QB is back, stupid teammates are apparent. The glitches, deflections counting as tackles. Stopping the clock not bring counted as incomplete passes. Guys when you flame me make sure you check my past and see how I was a big supporter of EA and this series but I'm sorry this game frustrates me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

These people are in denial or they just don't care. There's no way you can be a game player and not see the same issues we see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »