Home

NCAA Will Not Renew EA Sports Contract, NCAA Football Series is Dead in Name Only

This is a discussion on NCAA Will Not Renew EA Sports Contract, NCAA Football Series is Dead in Name Only within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #753
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Will Not Renew EA Sports Contract, NCAA Football Series is Dead in Name Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I just don't understand how this is any different than what happens in life after college. My Wife is a food scientist, and she created a very prominent product that is in the open market for public consumption right now, while working for her previous company. She has since left the company, and has secured employment with a different company.

She received her salary, but not a dime from the millions that her past company is raking in at the moment from the products sales in the fast food industry. When my Wife signed her contract with her previous company, she knew that whatever she created was the property of said company, even though she was the innovator and creator of said product -

While I understand that it sucks to be a athlete in college, and not get paid(I was one) these athletes know what they are doing when they sign their name to the dotted line on the Letter of Intent. Is it fair - probably not - but life really isn't about fair is it?
Thank you sir!!!! The voice of reason is here!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #754
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Will Not Renew EA Sports Contract, NCAA Football Series is Dead in Name Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
That's not true. The NCAA is basically pimping the players for free revenue and O'Bannon and Keller just want athletes to get their fair share. I think if anyone is evil in this, it is the NCAA.
I will agree with you to some extent. The NCAA is an evil villain hoarding money, but I don't think the athletes are the ones who are not getting their fair share. I think more of that revenue should go back to the schools. In turn, the schools could do more for their athletes with regards to facilities, equipment, etc. Most universities don't make as much money as you would think on athletics. When college athletics goes to paying players, that's when it will be hard for me to support. It will be a viscous, dirty business that will make the corruptions in the game today seem minor. The amateurism aspect of it is what makes college athletics far superior to pro in my eyes. If you start paying them, you've lost that and you might as well watch NFL or NBA instead.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #755
Rookie

OVR: 0

The NCAA is a bunch of dinguses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #756
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
This thread has gotten completely away from the video game.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #757
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm gonna lock this up...this is way off topic now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »