Home

The regression in this generation of NCAA is unbelievable.

This is a discussion on The regression in this generation of NCAA is unbelievable. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
The regression in this generation of NCAA is unbelievable.

I found this site like 10 years ago because of NCAA...I have owned every version of the game dating back to Bill Walsh.

The core component of EA sports games has been the control you had over the players. It seems like this year especially on Defense the responsiveness in the control you have over IDP's is inconsistent, lagging, unresponsive.

It's like they took movement away and turned the game into button mashing(which doesn't work anyways).

My personal favorite part of last gen ncaa football games was taking over on defense by forcing fumbles...getting ints...forcing pressure...now it's like throw hands up in the air wait to be back on offense .

It's just a really bad game. Which is surprising because madden last year while not great by anymeans....atleast gave the user fluid control of defensive players dropping into coverage and tackling in the open field.

End Rant.

Last edited by USF11; 07-17-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Could the defense use some work? Yes. Is 14 a really bad game? No.

Do you remember the psychic DBs? That was a game breaking problem for me.They have been toning down the defense since 11 I'm pretty sure. It's just more fun that way with the big plays. The pursuit is frustrating....but I'll take it over a lock down D.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The regression in this generation of NCAA is unbelievable.

I'm having a lot of fun with it, but I appreciate your opinion

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
Could the defense use some work? Yes. Is 14 a really bad game? No.

Do you remember the psychic DBs? That was a game breaking problem for me.They have been toning down the defense since 11 I'm pretty sure. It's just more fun that way with the big plays. The pursuit is frustrating....but I'll take it over a lock down D.
I would say they took all the fun out of the game by crippling the way individual players are controlled.

Is it fun to play defense in this game. No
Is it fun to return kicks/punts. No
Can I jump the pile on 4th downs or at the goaline. No
Can I block punts or FG's without glitches. No
Do dominant Defensive line Pass Rushers have an impact value.No

How do they continue to take the most "fun" game in the world and make it unfun?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #5

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Sell the game if you don't like it...

Most of us here love it, no need to complain about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've had a thought to myself for a while in terms of how fun the game is for me. As years have gone on, the game has become less fun, sure. The game graphically and in terms of realism is as good as it's ever been. However, there are elements of the game that just don't strike me as 'fun' anymore. What's more interesting, is that the stuff I used to consider fun, maybe has weaned from game to game.

The question I've had to ask myself is this: Are the games getting worse, or perhaps are my tastes maturing, as I get older? I've gotten every NCAA game 12 years straight - starting with NCAA '03 (Harrington) for the Gamecube. When I got that game, I was 16 years old, had no time commitments whatsoever, and had never owned a college football video game. I played the ever-loving crap out of that game, and still cherish it to this day. Now, I'm 27 - I have a degree, I'm in the business world, my time is a lot more valuable, and I don't have nearly as much time for this series anymore, as much as I still love it.

So, my point is, I try to be a little less judgmental of the games as I have in years past, as maybe it's not the games getting worse, but rather me just having more refined tastes in what I'm looking for. That said, I'm rather enjoying NCAA '14, specifically the amount of zone read and running the football. It's been great!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the defense in this game is garbage. Literally every single time the computer has a pass completion, that WR is open because the defender either cut way late (ran downfield a few extra yards, even though they're looking at the WR), or the defender doesn't get off the line immediately or takes an odd route to the WR. And on running, the read option is definitely overpowered. There is no way you should be able to gain 5+ yards every single read option.

That being said, I still found a way to win every game this season by at least 7 points with Nebraska on AA. It's just frustrating to see your players cover routes like garbage or be engaged in a block every single play and there is nothing you can do about it. This game makes it seem like every single game is just a scoring battle, the team with more possesions wins.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

You have no clue what you're talking about. I won a game last night cause I forced 2 fumbles and got a pick on default AA. Defense plays great other than if you use zone too much you'll fail. Which is realistic. you have to switch up your defensive calls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »