Home

BOWL SEASON BUSTED

This is a discussion on BOWL SEASON BUSTED within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #1
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2
BOWL SEASON BUSTED

I am a OC for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Finished the regular season 11-1 and the only loss was against Michigan. (Beating Nebraska).

Big Ten Championship game #1 (12-0) Ohio State vs #8 (11-1) Minnesota... Gophers win.

Who plays for the National Championship?????
#2 (11-1) Nebraska Cornhuskers

WTF is up with this? They didn't win the Big Ten and the Gophers hold the tie breaker. Nebraska is #2 in the country and the Gophers are #3 playing in the Rose Bowl.

**** IS ****ED.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: BOWL SEASON BUSTED

seriously, whats the difference between this and the real BCS. seems like an accurate representation. you were ranked #8, what was your strength of schedule verses all the other schools ahead of you
Better luck next year!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
seriously, whats the difference between this and the real BCS. seems like an accurate representation. you were ranked #8, what was your strength of schedule verses all the other schools ahead of you
Better luck next year!!!
Gophers strength of schedule was a B or B+ I believe. Either way though, I don't see how it's possible for Nebraska to squeak through the BCS like that. They didn't play for a Big Ten title and they didn't ever beat the #1 team in the country.

On top of that, I beat them during the regular season which is why they weren't playing in the BTC in the first place. I have no evidence, but I don't see this scenario ever happening in real life.

Now its #1 (13-0) Fresno State Bulldogs vs #2 (11-1) Nebraska Cornhuskers. Gophers got snubbed.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

"Wow that surprises me, I always thought EA's Bowls and Rankings logic was spot on!"

-No one ever
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Except this did happen a couple years ago. Alabama won the national title without even playing for an SEC title. While rare, it isn't completely unrealistic.

Could be that exact situation where 'Bama went because their loss was to a higher ranked team when OK State lost to a lower ranked team. The real life people weighted losses over wins that season, not hard to imagine they would do it again.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #6
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

What probably happened:

• You beat Nebraska early on in the season, that's how they finished #2.
• Nebraska although not winning the Big 10 championship, is ranked in the Top 2 in BCS format which gives them the right to the BCS title game, (stupid format)
• Alabama made it to the Nat'l title game despite not winning their conference just 2 seasons ago. The team they played (LSU) not only won their conference but won their division.
• Good luck in the Rose Bowl
• Next time, go undefeated
Old 07-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The Golden Gophers playing for the National Title? DOES NOT COMPUTE. Select Nebraska.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Except this did happen a couple years ago. Alabama won the national title without even playing for an SEC title. While rare, it isn't completely unrealistic.
Exactly... And when this happened, Bama was still ranked in the Top 3 if I remember correctly and they also played an SEC Schedule, which, 1,000 times out of 1,000 is better than any schedule the Big 10 (or any other conference) will play.

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »