Home

Bizarre game ending last night

This is a discussion on Bizarre game ending last night within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Bizarre game ending last night

Just wanted to share this, in case any of you have noticed bizarre game endings in RTG. Now, I must say that I haven't played any other game mode yet, just RTG, so this may not apply to your experiences.

As the Washington Huskies QB, I drove my team down the field in the 4th quarter, game tied against Stanford 17-17. My coach called the appropriate running plays and it was 4th and short inside the 10 yard line. We had 2 time outs left.

I left the field, assuming a FG attempt would be made after calling a timeout. I hit the x button to "skip to when next on the field, but I guess that was a mistake. See, apparently, we never attempted a FG, as the highlight game log never showed any FG attempt at the end of the game.

Then, and this is the lovely part, somehow Stanford suddenly had the ball at their 20 yard line, still in regulation, and their RB ran 80 yards for the game-winning TD. Final score, Stanford 24, Washington 17.

Wha?

I've read in the glitch thread that odd down and position occurrences happen, but I don't recall reading about scoring plays, especially game (cheating/winning) plays.

Now, since it's RTG, I'm not too worried since my QB played well as a freshman, almost winning the game, on the road, against Stanford, but my concern was that the AI stole a possible win away from me (Legend Score thing).

Again, no FG attempt, therefore no fumble lost, blocked kick, etc. The player that ran the ball is Stanford's starting RB, so it was a normal running play on offense for The Cardinal.

Again, wha?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Bizarre game ending last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Just wanted to share this, in case any of you have noticed bizarre game endings in RTG. Now, I must say that I haven't played any other game mode yet, just RTG, so this may not apply to your experiences.

As the Washington Huskies QB, I drove my team down the field in the 4th quarter, game tied against Stanford 17-17. My coach called the appropriate running plays and it was 4th and short inside the 10 yard line. We had 2 time outs left.

I left the field, assuming a FG attempt would be made after calling a timeout. I hit the x button to "skip to when next on the field, but I guess that was a mistake. See, apparently, we never attempted a FG, as the highlight game log never showed any FG attempt at the end of the game.

Then, and this is the lovely part, somehow Stanford suddenly had the ball at their 20 yard line, still in regulation, and their RB ran 80 yards for the game-winning TD. Final score, Stanford 24, Washington 17.

Wha?

I've read in the glitch thread that odd down and position occurrences happen, but I don't recall reading about scoring plays, especially game (cheating/winning) plays.

Now, since it's RTG, I'm not too worried since my QB played well as a freshman, almost winning the game, on the road, against Stanford, but my concern was that the AI stole a possible win away from me (Legend Score thing).

Again, no FG attempt, therefore no fumble lost, blocked kick, etc. The player that ran the ball is Stanford's starting RB, so it was a normal running play on offense for The Cardinal.

Again, wha?
Totally bizarre. That said, there are certain situations where I would recommend using "Watch Play." Field goals and PAT's for instance, I would always use that. The Supersim shouldn't have cause the insanity you mentioned in the first place, but Watch Play might have prevented it.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

I've had bad experiences when simulating plays. I always watch field goals, PATs, Kickoffs, and anything in the last minute. I can't tell you how many last second, 80yd plays I've simulated.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Once, the Sim gave CPU a first down when they didn't make any yards, and another time gave the CPU offense a first and 5 after a false start penalty.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

That's one of those issues with Super Simming.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much stuck Super Simming unless you want to sit there and watch the other team play.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

My guess would be your kicker missed the FG. I think sometimes the play-by-play won't mention a missed kick.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Old 07-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1984
My guess would be your kicker missed the FG. I think sometimes the play-by-play won't mention a missed kick.
Really? I guess that's the only plausible explanation. Seems stupid that an incomplete pass is more important to note in the drive log than a missed FG attempt.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:23 AM   #8
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

I noticed Boise State wouldn't kick a tying field goal in my freshman season against BYU, a regular season loss by 3 points.. number of chances to tie the game in the 4th quarter yet I'd be off the field on 4th down and they wouldn't try and tie the game inside the 'red zone.' This was before I got trust up to change plays and try to not be in that situation. Turned out that whole season Boise attempted 7 total field goals, making 4. Play calling just seems strange in those situations.

XBox: DHMNPhotos

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »