Home

Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

This is a discussion on Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by risewithus56
If we're ranking them, this has to go somewhere. That's hilariously unlucky.
He saved the clip in our OD. I'll try to get him to upload it and give his GT. I was talking to him over live and he was going crazy at first. Then just silence. Lol. He couldn't believe it.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #26
Rookie

baller768's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

I just remembered another story. My friend and I were playing ncaa 12 I was USC and he was Stanford. He was up by three with five seconds left he was up by four points. Instead of kneeling he decided to kick a 90 yard field goal to celebrate. I ended up returning it for a touchdown and won.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #27
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller768
I just remembered another story. My friend and I were playing ncaa 12 I was USC and he was Stanford. He was up by three with five seconds left he was up by four points. Instead of kneeling he decided to kick a 90 yard field goal to celebrate. I ended up returning it for a touchdown and won.
Now that's awesome that probably made the other guy very mad!

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players
Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Down 4 on 4th down and 8 with 7 seconds left in the National Championship with Cal vs FSU. I'm running a hurry up and after getting 2 yards the previous I was jamming the A button to get everyone to the line quickly and magically the play call screen popped up quicker than I've ever seen it and while getting everyone ready I picked a random play and threw to the A receiver who literally just started moving and the ball sails over his head and hits the grass since I was mashing to quickly. I end up losing and threw my controller haha.

Last edited by TomSNC; 07-30-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Spelling issues
Old 07-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #29
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

So I think we should vote on the order of the worst five. So first thing we have to do is get the 5 canidates. Here's mine

#1- GritSnSpeed's friend's South Alabama vs Tennessee story
#2- jbrew2411's story about losing his QB in the last game of regular season
#3- baller768's story about his friend trying to celebrate
#4- TomSNC's national championship story
#5- SA1NT401's story about losing 3 starters in one game

This is not in order every time a story is voted for it gets 10 points then on Friday I will ad up the points and set up the poll then on Sunday we will have a winner

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players

Last edited by Gopokes15; 07-30-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

this was a little while ago, but still remember it. I was playing ncaa 04 on the ps2 and had a dynasty going with Nevada and was undefeated up until this point and playing @ Hawaii. It was a close game all the way and with about less than 50 seconds left in the game i was up 31-28 on em and just had to stop the drive, well i gave up multiple 3rd down conversions and ended up calling my last time out in that drive. With about 3 seconds left Hawaii had the ball around the 30 yard line, and were gonna just throw a hail mary, which i was sure i could stop. Well i realized i had my base defense on the field an not my nickel package so i purposely had my lineman commit an offsides penalty to be able to switch D's. Well i didn't take into account that the penalty yardage made the CPU now attempt the fiel goal instead of going for it. Well they make the fg and i end up losing in overtime via a touchdown run that never actually crossed the line. smh
Old 07-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

The other night i'm playing as Vanderbilt in my practice dynasty (have started my actual dynasty with SDSU since) I'm playing against Alabama and with 3 minutes left in the 4th i pull within 3 of them with a score. They drive down the field against me and on the 35 i pick off McCarron with 1:20 left or so. I drive down the field and with about 30 seconds left I'm not out of timeouts. I'm on the 25 so I could hit a field goal to tie it, but i figure I'll go for the win. I complete a pass on the sideline but don't get out of bounds and have to use a timeout. I'm at their 15 now. Can easily kick a damn field goal to force over time, but NOPE i decide to go for it. I complete a pass in the flats and don't get out of bounds. 10...9....8...7...the clock ticks down. I try to get my field goal team out there and by the time i do there's 2 seconds on the clock and bam. Time runs out before i can kick it. Lost by 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 3

I was North Texas going against Kentucky both teams were undefeated in an online dynasty, year 8 or so on '13. It was supposed to be user vs user game, but Kentucky couldn't play so I was allowed to play the CPU. Both teams were loaded, going back and forth. I give up a score with under a minute left. The game is tied, I worked the ball down to around the 20 yard line with 10 seconds left and 1 time out. I decided to let the clock go down to 1 second, because I had to burn several timeouts on that drive because of getting sacked. I was concerned about getting sacked again. I had a true freshman kicker who was a 80 overall, was well within his range. The CPU tried to ice the kicker, From the right hashmark with very little wind, The kick started going left then it drifted to right... No Good, wide right. The game went to triple OT, where I lost due to a failed 2 pt conversion. That loss cost me a chance to the NC. Kentucky went to NC game where they loss. The strange thing is that I should have leap frogged a lot of the teams ahead of me with the number of top 10 teams I won against in the Big 12.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »