Home

Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care?

This is a discussion on Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
Using Georgia Tech and Florida with the flexbone/ wingbone offense has been very fun this year, so I am happy with how things are turning out. If they can deliver some good patches, we may have a game yet!
Now that I've figured out what coach mode style works best for me I'm wary that a patch might come through and ruin everything lol

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-04-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #26
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care?

Want tough games and actually enjoy losing as long as it's not because of cheese. Really enjoying my Minnesota dynasty. 8-4 first year w/ a soft schedule and got destroyed by the 2 really good teams I faced: Ohio state and TAMU. Just don't get any enjoyment out of destroying teams I have no business beating. I always laugh when my brother plays the game and the first thing he does is set his rba to 100, blocking to 100, and everything for the CPU at 0
Old 08-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #27
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

In order for you to have the variety you're looking for there has to be separation ratings wise that puts distance between the elite teams and the mid-level to bottom feeder teams. This compensates a little for stick skills if you're playing with let's say North Texas vs Bama. Ratings rise it should even be close and all things being considered Bama should whip you. But EA themselves don't put enough space between the elite and the scrub.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #28
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
In order for you to have the variety you're looking for there has to be separation ratings wise that puts distance between the elite teams and the mid-level to bottom feeder teams. This compensates a little for stick skills if you're playing with let's say North Texas vs Bama. Ratings rise it should even be close and all things being considered Bama should whip you. But EA themselves don't put enough space between the elite and the scrub.
For example no offense to Iowa fans,but why is their team rated highly? They were 4-8 last season and have little improvement this year. They should be 80 at best but the best was like 90, wow.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I play in an OD on Heisman with like 9 others. I went undefeated in year one, lost 2 User games (NC) year 2 and I'm 10-0 in year 3. I'm tired of killing the computer teams but some of the guys in the dynasty struggle with computer teams so I'm in a pickle. I want a bigger challenge. UCLA first 2 years and at Oregon now by the way.
Gruffy... try my sliders and tell me how you do on them. We are always looking for high quality players in our ODs...
Old 08-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #30
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

win or lose i want teams to play like they do in real life.

and if teams play realistically i think the results will be on par with what we see on saturdays...

offensively this game suffers, i can pick any 1 star 60ovr team and turn over alabama 4+times on any difficulty. NOT because of stick skillz(i play no switch D) because the AI calls the worst plays at the worst times.

too many streaks, too many forced passes with the best QB's. the cpu makes themselves too easy to defend.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #31
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Great thread

I simply want the elite teams to play elite. For me to beat them I have to play perfect football or they completely **** the bed and give it away. That's what I desire out of these games.

I don't want to take Eastern Michigan and go into my OOC schedule and win easy on the road against teams like LSU, Alabama, Oregon, Texas, etc.

I never want to consistently find it easy to beat the CPU and dominate UNLESS I have built up a powerhouse team that deserves to be Top 10 and win 90% of the games.

I also see some of these guys win National Titles with mid-majors. As long as they have fun good for them. Personally I think that's just fantasy world and not even remotely close to the real thing. I could see a team like UNC making a run or something. Heck even Kansas had a year where they were almost in a BCS NCG. Teams have a surprise year here and there but to win NC's every single year with garbage programs is not something I would want to do.

That means the difficulty isn't high enough or that person runs a scheme that exploits the AI.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #32
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Now that I've figured out what coach mode style works best for me I'm wary that a patch might come through and ruin everything lol
No! Bad EA! Don't do it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »