Home

NCAA Football 14: Ultimate Team Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: Ultimate Team Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Great game mode.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 14: Ultimate Team Review

I played it a few times but didn't like how everyone had inflated ratings and to make matters worse if your going to include these players why not give them some real tendencies.

I would much rather just down load a full classic roster set with good ratings to the players than spend my time playing this mode anymore.

Honestly some of the players despite the NFL contract don't even resemble themselves in any way. I think EA just slapped ratings on every guy and called it Ultimate team mode.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I tend to believe that the guys who work on ultimate team aren't the smartest of the EA Sports bunch, evidenced by some absolutely ridiculously wacky ratings of players, for example Matt Lienart with 85 speed. Its even worse in Madden, theres defensive lineman with 99 speed! That are supposed to be based off of real life players!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
I have enjoyed this mode more than anything else in NCAA14. It has a lot of replay value. For someone like myself who does not follow college football, playing with greats has been a lot of fun. UT keeps me coming back and playing actual games - even though matchups do suffer from issues Womas64 touched upon. fballturkey touched upon some issues: terrible, clunky UI that could be a lot more user friendly. The lack of head-to-head is a mode killer and extremely disappointing.

These issues seem like they can be fixed pretty easily by next year.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Can some one please answer me as to why the players don't even have the right equipment that they wore in college? Why does Cam Newton not have his equipment? Same with LaMichael etc. If they can use their EXACT likeness, why do they refuse to do it accurately? It's almost as if they went out of their way to not make them the same!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
ultimate team is for the 12 and younger age group
Old 08-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will all of these players be available in other modes of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womas64
It's definitely fun and I continue to play, but playing teams with guys all 93 and up everytime is getting a little old. And everyone has RG3, Adrian Peterson, Tavon Austin, and Randy Moss. Like everyone has ridiculous squads and they're in the same level as me. We already pay 60 bucks a game plus our live connection. I spend 5 on a starter pack which I was annoyed to find out is the same thing for everyone.

The modes fun and I like it, but there are just a few things they could've done to change my opinion. There should be more elite and legend cards available. Everytime I buy a gold pack I feel like I'm disappointed to get an 85 OVR guy at a spot I have depth at. I spend money on individual players on auctions too which is my favorite thing to do right now, but at least once maybe I'd like to luck out and get a serious card in a gold pack that I just spend 4 hours playing games to earn.

I'm starting to wonder if you have to buy an all american bundle just to get higher level players. Like I said, if everyone I played didn't have ridiculously stacked teams compared to mine it would be more enjoyable. I have a 92 OVR team and I have a winning record so I'm doing fine, but still some parody would be nice.

One last thing, my buddy get random packs for either completing an auction or having a card go unbidded and letting time run out. He got a Award level Morris Claiborne for this, anyone know that's about?

Completely agree with you. it has its fun moments but overall it is just about who can spend the most money and get the highest overall player. I try to play differenet and try to avoid getting popular players. (i had a HH RGIII but sold it since almost every one has him). Multiple cards for the same players and rating almost take a hit the higher value of the card. 3 min quarters are terrible. Cards like mike Vick and RGIII should be more rarer than what they are now. No way as effective as RGIII and Vick are to this game should almost every person you play have them on the team. More rewards for spending money rather than playing and stacking up coins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »