Home

Realistic Offline Dynasty Statistics

This is a discussion on Realistic Offline Dynasty Statistics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
Rookie

bryanlalik's Arena

OVR: 0
Realistic Offline Dynasty Statistics

I've created an offline dynasty and have been experimenting with all kinds of different slider options from other threads. Several of the sliders have resulted in some incredibly realistic games statistics wise. What I can't seem to figure out, is how to get realistic statistics from the rest of the games that are simulated from CPU vs. CPU teams.

For example, playing as UTEP, we lost to Tulsa 31-20. Our leading tackler was an outside linebacker with 9 solo tackles. I feel like that is a completely reasonable number of tackles in a single game. Being a few weeks into the season, the top 5 leading tacklers in all of NCAA are from UTEP. They range from 34 tackles leading the league to 28 in fifth place.

I assume this is because all CPU vs. CPU games that are being simulated have shorter quarters? I average about 65 plays on offense as well as defense. Is there anyway to have the simulated games play similar length quarters? Or at least get them to where they are running the same amount of plays?

Last edited by bryanlalik; 08-18-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Simmed games have 15 minute quarters. All you have to do is looked at the TOP for a simmed game to verify.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Realistic Offline Dynasty Statistics

What I have noticed is when you are playing the game it doesn't track assisted tackles, only solo. When the games are simmed, it tracks both. If i'm not mistaken, the top tacklers are tracked by solo tackles. I have seen the same thing on my Offline Dynasty.

Let me know if I'm totally wrong.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah, the sim engine is off, but I'm not certain what the main culprit is yet...

Are there too many passing attempts versus run attempts?

It seems (so far) that the CPU Simmed QB stats yield too few total yards and a sub 50% comp percentage in too many cases...

That could easily result in the CPU passing too seldom / too ineffectively to rack up a lot of yards in simmed games, so your "realistic" totals in played games would place you last in pass defense...

Same for the run game, if the CPU teams are racking up too many attempts / yards in simmed games, your played game (with realistic totals) would make you "first" by comparison...

Not sure how to fix it, (depends if the coaching run / pass sliders are effective in simmed games), but that's the first place to look...

Sim engine SEEMS to run too much / too effectively while the pass game sim stats are "under" what they prob should be...
Old 08-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

In the editor thread, in the roster forum, guys confirmed that bad cpu sim stats are related to the AWR rating. The curve for completion % in the sim engine doesn't properly match up with the curve for QB awr ratings in the base roster, and probably the subsequent generated recruits as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Rookie

bryanlalik's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony kant think
What I have noticed is when you are playing the game it doesn't track assisted tackles, only solo. When the games are simmed, it tracks both. If i'm not mistaken, the top tacklers are tracked by solo tackles. I have seen the same thing on my Offline Dynasty.

Let me know if I'm totally wrong.
Actually you're right. I looked up the defensive statistics for every team and tackles are right in line with what they're supposed to be. So my ROLB is leading NCAA with 73 tackles now and all 73 tackles are solo tackles. Other teams have players with more than 90 tackles but only have 31 solo tackles.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5

Yea I played further into my dynasty and now the top 5 tacklers are on my team. I haven't noticed as large of a problem with the CPU passing stats. Although, in my OD, Manziel had 16 yards passing his first game....
Old 10-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #8
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

OVR: 8

Anything ever get resolved for this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »