Home

New Offensive Ideas

This is a discussion on New Offensive Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #9
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Offensive Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by herropreese
Wait, what? lol
LOLOL excuse me man. I don't know what I posted I was in a hurry. I meant to say there wasn't enough pro style short passes. Not passing lol. So just read passing as pro style. Excuse me man that **** made me look uneducated. Let me edit that **** lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

lol, its all good. I figured it had to be a mistake. Just thought it was funny.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Clemson's playbook works for that as well. All shotgun and pistol formations, lots of passes, and your power running/option runs are in the pistol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
Rookie

fumbles's Arena

OVR: 1

I really like Nevadas playbook.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
Anyone have any help for me on my ideal offense. Basically I'd like to pass most of the time, including the TEs if possible since that seems to work in this game. Also I'd like to be able to audible to a spread and run the option in certain situations. Like if the defense drops back go for run to exploit them. In terms of running usually I wouldn't except out of the Gun really I guess. My RBs would have to catch well. I guess the line should be predicated on Pass Block. Most formations would be various Shotgun type packages with maybe goal line O mixed in if that comes up. I'm running with Illinois btw so there is talent at QB with Wes Lunt (I'm in the second year, Scheelhasse is gone). My best TE is this dude named Davis. The man gets open 70 percent of the time and is a decent catcher.

Basically its a Pro Style offense but I'm adding the spread and giving up on normal running plays in order to confuse the defense.
I, like you, enjoy the TE work and short west-coast-ish style passing, along with the read option and draws. I started with the Texas Spread playbook and noticed that they have a plethora of pistol formations which I ended up cutting in half. I added a few of the ace formations and a couple of strong run formations (since we 378 plays, I figured a few strong runs couldn't hurt) along with one shotgun formation.

I took out all of the longstreak/fade type passes and all of the runs/end-arounds/jet-sweeps/hb-direct plays that I didn't care for. I ended up keeping only the short passes, a small variety of play-action passes, and some of the nicer double-move / corner-post long passes and of course all of the option, runs, & draws that I liked.

So far I've found it to be a very versatile book.. as I am always finding new plays that I enjoy.

I normally call my own plays, but started going through the 'ask coach' just to get a feel for how my different dynasty coaches would run through the same playbook.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #14
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
Anyone have any help for me on my ideal offense. Basically I'd like to pass most of the time, including the TEs if possible since that seems to work in this game. Also I'd like to be able to audible to a spread and run the option in certain situations. Like if the defense drops back go for run to exploit them. In terms of running usually I wouldn't except out of the Gun really I guess. My RBs would have to catch well. I guess the line should be predicated on Pass Block. Most formations would be various Shotgun type packages with maybe goal line O mixed in if that comes up. I'm running with Illinois btw so there is talent at QB with Wes Lunt (I'm in the second year, Scheelhasse is gone). My best TE is this dude named Davis. The man gets open 70 percent of the time and is a decent catcher.

Basically its a Pro Style offense but I'm adding the spread and giving up on normal running plays in order to confuse the defense.
I recommend the Air Raid playbook, and maybe you should use some two TE plays since the tight ends in this game get open so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »