Home

New College Classics for 2005?

This is a discussion on New College Classics for 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2004, 05:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New College Classics for 2005?

The UM-Florida game from this year would be a good comeback game...

NCSt/OSU was a good one (tho not sure how it ranks with the others)...

What else springs to mind... USC/Cal?

Not really any easy ones to remember from this season... the BCS bowls were eh... nothing back and forth, edge of your seat... i.e. this past weekend's NFL games.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:49 PM   #18
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

IShoPaTkMarT said:
This years OSU/NCSU game.. That was 1 helluva game

I second that one!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:03 PM   #19
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

coopgang said:
Quote:

IShoPaTkMarT said:

I second that one!

Hell, they should just put OSU's whole 2002 schedule on there. You had the Purdue game, Illinois game, Michigan game, Fiesta bowl...
Old 01-15-2004, 07:52 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

BJ77LT said:
Quote:

coopgang said:
Quote:

IShoPaTkMarT said:

I second that one!

Hell, they should just put OSU's whole 2002 schedule on there. You had the Purdue game, Illinois game, Michigan game, Fiesta bowl...

Sadly i think once again those classics will be against OSU, which is always hard for me, being a buckeye fan.

I would like to see this years Fiesta, it would be against OSU, but at the end it was close, but what would a Buckeye game be without us only winning by under 10 points.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #21
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Hogs said:
What about one of Arkansas 7 overtimes against Kentucky and Ole Miss.

I was gonna mention that one... what a game to watch. I'm glad I caught the last 2 minutes of regulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2004, 07:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Psyblast said:
Quote:

IShoPaTkMarT said:
That 1 LSU game.. with that crazy last hail mary catch that got tipped like 50 times

I assume you mean the Bluegrass Miracle from last season in Kentucky?

2001 UM/MSU is a possibility....damned Spartans....

Yessssssss! That game was incredible. Both of them. But I remember that Michigan/Michigan State game. I watched that game live and I was going [censored] nuts when Michigan State snapped that ball with 0.02 seconds left. Holy crap that was one of the best games I've ever watched.

I was pleased to see the 1997 Missouri/Nebraska game in this year's football game.

They might could put the 2002 Georgia/Auburn game in there. 4th and 15 with a minute left in the back of the end zone to Michael Johnson who went over the top of the Auburn cornerback to catch the ball. What a catch. What a game. I went [censored] beserk after that catch. My dad's a hardcore Auburn fan/alumnus and I'm a hardcore Georgia fan. GO DAWGS.

The Auburn/Florida game from 2000 or 2001. I forget which year. The year that Florida was ranked like 2nd. The game was played in this enormous storm, practically a hurricane with all the wind blowing. I remember the Florida running back fumbling the ball into the end zone and Auburn recovering. That was critical. Auburn ended up winning with a monster 47 yard field goal in the driving rain into the wind. What a friggin kicker that guy was. I think that game made three straight game winning kicks for him and Auburn.

The NCState/Maryland game from this year was really good. Maryland scored a TD with a minute left to make the game 20-19. The kicker then MISSED the PAT. Missed it. So all NCState had to do was run out the clock. But they kinda fumbled the ball on the first run from scrimmage. Maryland recovers. Maryland kicks a 40 yard field goal with like 2 seconds left to win. That same kicker who just blew the game on the missed PAT wins the game with the field goal. Heart warming game, if nothing else.

My favorite of the wide right/wide left games was actually Wide Left last year. That was possibly the best game of football I've ever watched. 28-27. WHAT A GAME.

Interesting note: My history teacher played football and soccer when he was in high school. He was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals minor league organization coming out of high school, but he didn't want to play baseball. He could have gone to Florida State to become a kicker or play soccer for the US Nationals team. He talked to Bobby Bowden, and Bowden told my history teacher that he would not start for at least 2 years. So my history teacher decided to play soccer instead. Turns out that the FSU field goal kicker broke his leg in the 2nd game of that season. Had my history teacher gone to FSU, he would have been the starting kicker from the 2nd game of his freshman year. I don't know which years he was in college, but he possibly could have been the kicker attempting those field goals in the epic Miami/FSU games instead of the shmucks who missed them.

Turns out that my history teacher played soccer with Jason Elam (the Broncos' kicker who has the record for the longest NFL field goal) in high school. My history teacher got All-County honors OVER Jason Elam. He also played soccer with the kicker for the Carolina Panthers and knew him decently well too.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #23
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

mtbarnett said:
The UM-Florida game from this year would be a good comeback game...

NCSt/OSU was a good one (tho not sure how it ranks with the others)...

What else springs to mind... USC/Cal?

Not really any easy ones to remember from this season... the BCS bowls were eh... nothing back and forth, edge of your seat... i.e. this past weekend's NFL games.

Not only that one, but LSU's game with Florida so you can reverse history.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:05 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 5

Michigan-Minnesota for sure.

UM-UF for sure.

1998 Rose Bowl Wazzou-Michigan

2000 Orange Bowl Alabama-Michigan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »