Home

Embarassing Performances

This is a discussion on Embarassing Performances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
Embarassing Performances

In an online dynasty using Meyland I had managed to eek out a bunch of wins. I was 8-1 and had just come off a victory over #1 Ohio State when 1-8 Indiana came to town. And then I put forth a truly embarassing effort as my Terps gave up 70 points in regulation. And again, this was a 1-8 Indiana team.

I followed up my pitiful perfomrance with a blowout over Michigan State and will soon be playing for the Big Ten East Title against Rutgers in both teams' regular season finale.

Anyway, what kind of awful performances have ya'll had?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Embarassing Performances

I remember this one game, from a dynasty I had long since deleted, but I remember this one specific game. I had just become the HC of North Texas, and the first game of the 2015 season was against Alabama.

I got my face kicked in 69-17. They scored 35 points in the first quarter, and they only punted once all game. In the 4th quarter.

And to think I felt as if I could win.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5

In my current offline dynasty, I started as the OC at UNC and was hired as the HC at USA the next year. My first two games of the season were Mississippi State followed by Georgia. I was so used to bring able to do whatever with the UNC play book and Bryn Renner, that I was not exactly ready for those two games.

I threw for a total of 15 interceptions in two games. I was absolutely blown out, unable to make any sort of gain.

Since then I've learned to how to properly operate the USA offense, but that was pretty embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

Well, last night I played Ohio State in our 1* teambuilder dynasty... In my offline I actually beat them. Not so much in this game. Their RB has 2 carries of 154 yards. Miller was 8-8 180 and 2 td's. What did I have? 6 drops.

To be fair though, considering the talent gap, it's not too surprising.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

I was playing Central Michigan in my offline dynasty and went to the big house to play Michigan. I lost 69-17 and threw 7 INTS which 3 were pick 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

In my Air Force dynasty, in the first season every HB was Marshawn Lynch beast mode against me. Tackling was non existent lol.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I threw 5 picks and had less than 200 yards of offense in the national title game against Nebraska. Lost 45-7.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had a pretty embarassing one the other night though I feel it was less me and more my defense. I at the time was in year 2 of being an OC for Georgia State and faced off with top ranked Alabama in game 5 of the season. It was two 4 win teams that were undefeated matching up. I had had come from behind wins over Houston and West Virginia coming into the game and Alabama had played nobody yet. For three quarters it was close though frustrating as the Alabama offense wasn't stopped once in the entire first half from scoring in a drive. My Junior QB Bell was lighting up Bama and my running back was closing in on 100 yards midway into the third when we throw a INT to Bama in the redzone. Bama then goes down the field and scores a go ahead touchdown, we then get in field goal range on the following drive but the kicker missed his FG...Bama goes down the field and scores a touchdown. Now we are into the fourth and must begin scoring. We ended up punting and...Bama returns the punt for a TD. So now half way through the fourth quarter we are behind by 3 TDs, so we have to abandon the run game and go all passing. Then my QB gets rocked on a play and now my backup is in. We ended up scoring around 48 points but gave up touchdowns on every oportunity in the fourth that Bama got so they ended up with around 66 points if I remember correctly. Ended up with a decent 7 win season and a OT loss in our bowl game, the next season (my third as OC for Georgia State) we won 6 with no bowl victory and I have just taken the job as Head Coach at UTSA who oddly have never won more than 6 games so far and are requiring that I win 7 with a team of scrubs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »