Home

No playoff patch "at this time"

This is a discussion on No playoff patch "at this time" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: No playoff patch "at this time"

The title to this thread should be "No playoff patch at this time..or ever".

I think EA saying that there is not going to be a College Football game is a marketing ploy to sell their half broken/half completed NCAA Football 14 game. Before the announcement, the game price was well on its way down to $30. But now, all of a sudden, EA has caused this panic on their own web site for NCAA football 14 by stating "Get It Before It's Gone". Now on Amazon, the game has gone up in price from $39.99 to $49.99.

I might have consider getting the game for $30, but I'm not buying a game that EA won't even fix or update.
I wouldn't be surprise if EA releases a college football game in the summer of 2015.

Last edited by MLcardinalfan; 10-18-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: addition
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #34
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
That was going to be next year's killer feature since 2007. They've got a list of things they'd love to add to the game, if they weren't on such a time crunch every year. This is just them posting items off that list to keep us playing. They were planning on doing it, but really, it was never going to happen.
The NCAA has been actively opposing a playoff for well over a decade.

It was never supposed to be a new feature until the College Football Playoff was made official in June of last year.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #35
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLcardinalfan
The title to this thread should be "No playoff patch at this time..or ever".

I think EA saying that there is not going to be a College Football game is a marketing ploy to sell their half broken/half completed NCAA Football 14 game. Before the announcement, the game price was well on its way down to $30. But now, all of a sudden, EA has caused this panic on their own web site for NCAA football 14 by stating "Get It Before It's Gone". Now on Amazon, the game has gone up in price from $39.99 to $49.99.

I might have consider getting the game for $30, but I'm not buying a game that EA won't even fix or update.
I wouldn't be surprise if EA releases a college football game in the summer of 2015.
It would surprise me if they do release a college football game. I don't think they will until college players start getting paid, and since that will never happen, I doubt we'll see a college football game again. I remember people saying "oh I bet they'll release a college basketball game again." Well it's been close to 4 years and not one word of a college bball game

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
It would surprise me if they do release a college football game. I don't think they will until college players start getting paid, and since that will never happen, I doubt we'll see a college football game again. I remember people saying "oh I bet they'll release a college basketball game again." Well it's been close to 4 years and not one word of a college bball game
College football sells way better than college basketball , that being said you're right that none of the big name companies will touch it for a long time, we can only hope a mid level type of company takes a shot at a generic version of college football
Old 10-23-2013, 01:48 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
College football sells way better than college basketball , that being said you're right that none of the big name companies will touch it for a long time, we can only hope a mid level type of company takes a shot at a generic version of college football
If it happens, it will probably on a phone or tablet, since the graphics are less demanding and development is cheaper. Maybe some group could make an open source game, which would make it difficult for O'Bannon to go after. I don't know. If someone does try to make a game before the lawsuit stuff is settled in court, they will be taking a big risk.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_mike
If it happens, it will probably on a phone or tablet, since the graphics are less demanding and development is cheaper. Maybe some group could make an open source game, which would make it difficult for O'Bannon to go after. I don't know. If someone does try to make a game before the lawsuit stuff is settled in court, they will be taking a big risk.
It is not making a college football game that is the risk, it is making a college football game using NCAA player's likeness that is the risk. I'm cool with completely generic rosters not representing the real players at all. Heck I think they could make a better game with story lines like Madden does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »