Home

Regarding Players Leaving/Transfers

This is a discussion on Regarding Players Leaving/Transfers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Regarding Players Leaving/Transfers

Does it help to stop players from leaving your program, by lowering their attributes before that part of the offseason?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Regarding Players Leaving/Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft_Works
Does it help to stop players from leaving your program, by lowering their attributes before that part of the offseason?
Are you talking about players leaving in general (which would include leaving for draft) or just transfers?

Because regarding players leaving early, it's not just based on high ratings, it's also based on player size, number of players at that position, and rating "tiers."
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nfl-draft.html

As far as transferring, I'm not sure, I haven't had players transfer out since '12.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah just strictly talking about players transferring out.

I figured if they had a low as possible overall rating they wouldn't go anywhere.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm pretty sure that putting them at the top of the depth chart after the bowl game works, too.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Specific to Transfers -- is there anything you can do to help induce a transfer? I know you can't really seek them out, but are there things your roster needs to have/not have? I do like the feature, but it seems like I only get one the first time I change to a lesser school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

For receiving a transfer, the players see you have a need and they could start. Leaving is usually if a position is stacked and will graduate the same year is the trend. I know of somebody that had a player transfer out that would start the next year, but I don't know the details. I seen it happen when coaches leave with HC/OC/DC.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 12-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
I'm pretty sure that putting them at the top of the depth chart after the bowl game works, too.
That used to work in past years. Save after your bowl game, sim ahead until you see who's transferring, exit and reload your last save, and change the depth chart. I found though for some positions, it didn't even have to be top of the chart, two-deep was enough.

My teams:
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonagFam
Specific to Transfers -- is there anything you can do to help induce a transfer? I know you can't really seek them out, but are there things your roster needs to have/not have? I do like the feature, but it seems like I only get one the first time I change to a lesser school.
The closest to a consistent trick I have seen is during the offseason "Cut Players" screen, cut your roster below 70 players, and the next year your should get a transfer or two. This is best used when building up a doormat program, chances are the guys you'd be cutting would only be a few points higher than the walk-on the game will replace them with anyway.

My teams:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »