Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #289
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Ps3 but you have to decrypt the files

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #290
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Ps3 but you have to decrypt the files

I'm extremely interested in this as well. I've got a computer science degree with extensive programming knowledge. I feel like I could really help expand on the options for the PS3 if I can learn more about it and really dig into it. I was up till 3AM last night reading multiple threads on this and trying to decrypt the USER-DATA file but couldn't get the Generic Editor by Xanathol to open the file.I am attempting to do this with an online dynasty file though. No one on this thread has confirmed if it works with online dynasties. I'm getting the same errors that others who have tried PS3 are getting. My MC02 file also doesn't look right when I open it in the HEX editor.

I'm going to keep playing with this on and off today while watching football today. I'll post if I have any luck.

If anyone could confirm if this works for online dynasty files or just offline I would appreciate it.

HUGE shout out to Xanathol and PocketScout for the work they've already done. Huge advancement in this game!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #291
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

It does NOT work with online dynasty files
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #292
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredbaszler
I'm extremely interested in this as well. I've got a computer science degree with extensive programming knowledge. I feel like I could really help expand on the options for the PS3 if I can learn more about it and really dig into it. I was up till 3AM last night reading multiple threads on this and trying to decrypt the USER-DATA file but couldn't get the Generic Editor by Xanathol to open the file.I am attempting to do this with an online dynasty file though. No one on this thread has confirmed if it works with online dynasties. I'm getting the same errors that others who have tried PS3 are getting. My MC02 file also doesn't look right when I open it in the HEX editor.

I'm going to keep playing with this on and off today while watching football today. I'll post if I have any luck.

If anyone could confirm if this works for online dynasty files or just offline I would appreciate it.

HUGE shout out to Xanathol and PocketScout for the work they've already done. Huge advancement in this game!!!
I think I've answered my own question. I went ahead and quick made an offline dynasty and advanced it to week 1. Exported the save data files and decrypted them. Everything worked as explained earlier in this thread. So that tells me that this whole process works for offline dynasty files AND NOT for online files.

I'm going to do some digging though. Probably wishful thinking but you never know. I can't imagine the files change much from offline to online.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #293
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredbaszler
I think I've answered my own question. I went ahead and quick made an offline dynasty and advanced it to week 1. Exported the save data files and decrypted them. Everything worked as explained earlier in this thread. So that tells me that this whole process works for offline dynasty files AND NOT for online files.

I'm going to do some digging though. Probably wishful thinking but you never know. I can't imagine the files change much from offline to online.
They don't change that much. But all the data is stored on the servers and not locally. So we can't edit it. That's where the issue is.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #294
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
They don't change that much. But all the data is stored on the servers and not locally. So we can't edit it. That's where the issue is.

After thinking about it some more I would suspect it is a combination of both offline data and data on the server. Each week you have the chance to save off the dynasty file which must include some information. I would like to bet the schedule is something that is included in the downloaded file that you can save each time a week advances. If that is the case then we could tweak the file like this thread explains.

The next problem then is how to distribute modified file to the other dynasty users. Could you distribute electronically and have them just copy it over to all their PS3s? I have no idea if that would work but I'd like to try.

We can't try tough without the ability to decrypt the dynasty file via the Bruteforce Save Data program. It seems that isn't decrypting the online files based on my trial and error process explained above. Anyone have any input on getting that file dycrpted?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #295
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

All the offline file holds is a reference to the server file. When something is saved on the server it passes it down to the local file, nothing gets uploaded from the local file to the server. Its basically a placeholder. I've opened it multiple different ways and its just pretty !much an empty file

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #296
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Well it took me about a half hour to get this set up. Did bowl bids and changed them because of my relegation. Turns out it's now a corrupt file. I give up I don't know how to do this. I'm still in the preseason when I did it does that have anything to do with it.
NBA-Sonics :'(

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »