Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
After the bowl games before you advance to the coaching carousel go to coach info and hit rb to create a coach. After that you can go to the coach you were using and making them be under CPU control
How do guys who do this pick their team? Is it just pick randomly from those who have low job security?

I've just simmed the first season up till this point and there are 22 OC's who have "Hot Seat" security (I'm wanting to be an OC first). Is it likely that these 22 will be fired?
Old 01-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #10
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

RECRUITING RULES:
Leaving Seniors +2
I can only have two more players on my board at any time than I have leaving my program. If I have 15 seniors I can only have a 17 players on my board and I can only sign 17 that season as well. This will help to keep from stacking my roster to easily and flushing out the bad players. If the computer adds players to the class they will be deleted, only the players that I sign will be allowed on the team.
Ranked in Recruits Top 10
I must be in a recruits Top 10 to be able to recruit them. I look at this as these are players that my coaching staff has been recruiting since their sophomore and junior year in high school. We have already identified these kids as who we want in our program and now we are just narrowing down who we are going to bring on campus.
One Athlete
I can only recruit one Athlete each year so I will have to be very careful on who I select.
Two Outsiders
I can recruit two guys who I am not in there Top 10. I will have to be very careful because once they are on my board they are now counted against this limit. This is not, "I can sign two guys", it is I can only recruit two all season long.
One Visit
I can only schedule one visit all year long. This will be a very tough decision on which recruit will be the only one who gets to visit my campus. This makes late season recruiting get very interesting when battling with a couple schools for a kid as they might jump +700 points in a single week and I do not have a good way to make up the difference.
No Scouting
I can not scout any of the prospects that are on my board. Recruiting is to easy for me because I can easily find the best of what I can get to sign with my program without any issue and get those guys on campus. To combat this I will not scout any prospects. Once a kid commits to my program I can then scout him to see what I've got, those Gems and Busts titles are now going to carry a lot more meaning and impact since I will be stuck with these kids. This does add a "kid at Christmas morning" feel to when I get the message that a kid has signed with my program because then I get to go and find out what I really just signed.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #11
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
RECRUITING RULES:
Leaving Seniors +2
I can only have two more players on my board at any time than I have leaving my program. If I have 15 seniors I can only have a 17 players on my board and I can only sign 17 that season as well. This will help to keep from stacking my roster to easily and flushing out the bad players. If the computer adds players to the class they will be deleted, only the players that I sign will be allowed on the team.
Ranked in Recruits Top 10
I must be in a recruits Top 10 to be able to recruit them. I look at this as these are players that my coaching staff has been recruiting since their sophomore and junior year in high school. We have already identified these kids as who we want in our program and now we are just narrowing down who we are going to bring on campus.
One Athlete
I can only recruit one Athlete each year so I will have to be very careful on who I select.
Two Outsiders
I can recruit two guys who I am not in there Top 10. I will have to be very careful because once they are on my board they are now counted against this limit. This is not, "I can sign two guys", it is I can only recruit two all season long.
One Visit
I can only schedule one visit all year long. This will be a very tough decision on which recruit will be the only one who gets to visit my campus. This makes late season recruiting get very interesting when battling with a couple schools for a kid as they might jump +700 points in a single week and I do not have a good way to make up the difference.
No Scouting
I can not scout any of the prospects that are on my board. Recruiting is to easy for me because I can easily find the best of what I can get to sign with my program without any issue and get those guys on campus. To combat this I will not scout any prospects. Once a kid commits to my program I can then scout him to see what I've got, those Gems and Busts titles are now going to carry a lot more meaning and impact since I will be stuck with these kids. This does add a "kid at Christmas morning" feel to when I get the message that a kid has signed with my program because then I get to go and find out what I really just signed.
Man, this sounds hard, especially the one visit. I usually use a visit to get back into it when I'm down and losing ground after giving max points. Also what happens if you have multiple needs who don't have interest in you.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #12
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

The one visit rule is definitely something that will make recruiting much harder.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #13
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
Man, this sounds hard, especially the one visit. I usually use a visit to get back into it when I'm down and losing ground after giving max points. Also what happens if you have multiple needs who don't have interest in you.
That is where my Two Outsiders come into play and looking for compatible positions. I have had to target a blocking TE because there were no FB's with interest in me so I knew a blocking TE would be better than a walk on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
The one visit rule is definitely something that will make recruiting much harder.
Yes it does make harder but not to bad. I typically will lose out on one player every couple years but I also cut my losses early if I can tell that I will not be able to sign a player. If it is week 13 I might hold out and try to get to the offseason to use my extra points to try and steal him back, but it is not a crippling as I thought it would be.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #14
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

As much as I am reluctant I'm thinking of doing the no scouting thing. I'm also considering some of your other restrictions. Definitely don't think that I'll do the only one visit one though
Old 01-04-2014, 02:10 AM   #15
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0

I do something like PocketScout but, I go tell the CPU what type of plays I want and turn all the assist on. When I get the heading coaching job at VT (hopefully working on year 8) I will do the same and do the one visit rule and turn the visit assist off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
After the bowl games before you advance to the coaching carousel go to coach info and hit rb to create a coach. After that you can go to the coach you were using and making them be under CPU control
I'm a bit confused. After creating coach it gives me choice if any team to coach. How do I skip this part and pick an opening from carousel for the new coach?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »