Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #49
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
This does add a "kid at Christmas morning" feel to when I get the message that a kid has signed with my program because then I get to go and find out what I really just signed.
I like a lot of your ideas especially this one. Well, for me, one thing I'm taking a look at is re-designating what makes a 2-star... It seems the class of 3-star players is HUGE and 2-star players is tiny. I wanted to recruit 2-star players primarily, but sometimes there's just nothing there. So I'm trying to find a full list of real life players to see approx. where the 2-star/3-star line is drawn.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #50
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I like a lot of your ideas especially this one. Well, for me, one thing I'm taking a look at is re-designating what makes a 2-star... It seems the class of 3-star players is HUGE and 2-star players is tiny. I wanted to recruit 2-star players primarily, but sometimes there's just nothing there. So I'm trying to find a full list of real life players to see approx. where the 2-star/3-star line is drawn.
I've noticed the same thing with there being a massive amount of 3* players, so I've quit focusing on stars. Instead, I go by what they're position ranking is.

For example, with a 1* school I can only recruit players who are ranked #150 at their position and lower. With this you'll probably get some 3* receivers, maybe a running back, but probably have trouble finding a great QB. And as my school gets better I can recruit better players.

It's also nice to create positional requirements for the system you run. Say you run a triple option offense; you can't recruit any offensive linemen who weigh over 280 lbs. Or you run the Air Raid and you can only sign a QB if his pre-scouted accuracy rating was a "B" or better. Just little things.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #51
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Asking for house rule clarification purposes: when you're a coordinator, does the other side of the team get super simmed? Most importantly, does it produce realistic results?
What i do is usually watch the plays, the super sim is crappy at times so i can never rely on it. Only time i super sim is on Punts and Kickoffs though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #52
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Pocket Scout, do you use the same regional prestige limitation as you do with interest (can only be 1 higher than team prestige)?
Old 09-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #53
Just started!

OVR: 0

Would you suggest using these 'house rules' even if it's someones first time playing an NCAA game? Should I play a few seasons on Dynasty with no restrictions to learn and then create a new one that's more strict?
Old 09-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #54
Rookie

Def like the sim a year then c whats out there...specially since its 2014 now and I hate that I have to start at 2013! glad I read this! I like to do MLB, Madden and NCAA all franchises in the same city so this might help me decide on one!
Old 09-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #55
Rookie

the one visit rule is tough, but it doesnt hurt recruiting as much since you should have a pretty size-able lead on most prospects. I love the no scouting option, my 2nd yr as New Mexico St HC i signed 5 busts!! Lol needless to say I ended getting canned, but their recruiting class shall stink lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #56
Just started!

Instead of restarting, you could just sim to the end of the current season of your dynasty and create your new coach then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »