Home

Question on ratings with Position and Training

This is a discussion on Question on ratings with Position and Training within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question on ratings with Position and Training

Does anyone no what the general increase in ratings that a player will see see at a position during the training results?

I'm thinking of this in terms of both position changes and just overall skill increases.

For example, if you have a player on the offensive line, will the G's, T's, and C's have the same rating increases during training, or does each one have something slightly different -- like the G will increase more in impact or run blocking, the T in pass blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Question on ratings with Position and Training

As for your example, regardless of position run blockers gain more RBK and pass blockers gain more PBK.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
As for your example, regardless of position run blockers gain more RBK and pass blockers gain more PBK.
So, moving an offensive lineman from one OL position to another OL position has no impact on that player? In effect, the biggest impact is that it impacts the # of players you are required to have at a given position.

I tend to start my OL or setup my depth chart based on who is the best available.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

For overall skill increase there general number is 3/4 depending on the Star rating of the school and that's all.
Yes the lineman progress different based on stars but do lean toward whatever their Tendency is listed as.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

So if I have a 5* guard he will progress better then a 1* guard. I was wondering how it worked. I mean obviously i know the 5* is already going to be better then the 1*.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
So if I have a 5* guard he will progress better then a 1* guard. I was wondering how it worked. I mean obviously i know the 5* is already going to be better then the 1*.
I thought that the lower starred players would actually have more progression from year-to-year. That said, they probably aren't going to pass up a player that comes in 2 to 3 *s above that level. So your 1 * may actually have a bigger change from Year 1 to his last season than the 5 *....but the 5* is so far ahead to start, that the 1 * won't likely overtake them in skill points.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
not necessarily so. its completely random. and the progression amount depends on the star rating of the school like i said
Old 02-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #8
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
not necessarily so. its completely random. and the progression amount depends on the star rating of the school like i said
Nope, progression is the same rate for every school, no matter the prestige. The only factor that changes progression is the type of style that the particular player is. For example, a "power back" will increase in BTK and TRK, but not as much in SPD and AGI as a "speed back".

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »