Home

Playbook Sharing Thread

This is a discussion on Playbook Sharing Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2014, 03:20 AM   #33
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Playbook Sharing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Biggest issue i found with your playbook is that the cpu gets a ton of sacks of your ol is trash like mine is right now.
This is where you have to work on getting the ball out quick. I get sacked, an average of 1 time per game, no matter how bad the line may be. Just have to work on the quick, short passes, because they are there.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:39 AM   #34
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
This is where you have to work on getting the ball out quick. I get sacked, an average of 1 time per game, no matter how bad the line may be. Just have to work on the quick, short passes, because they are there.
That's all well and good if I was playing but i am coaching. Just have to live with it until my ol and qb gets better.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #35
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Here is a quick look into my current o line.
LT 70 senior, LG 65 freshman, C 72 junior, RG 73 sophomore, RT 83 senior...Ok doesn't look too bad but i have no backups besides each other and my one (1) te, who is also my 4th WR because he has speed and is my 3rd best hands guy and then my fb, who needs the playing time. I am so short on positions it's not funny. I let the cpu do the recruiting the first season....epic fail. Don't ever do that. 56 of 70 is my current roster. I have no punter and 5 lbers. I was smh to when i saw the recruits. Face...Palm

Through three games we have given up 33 sacks. Ouch

Last edited by thedudescrew; 07-03-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 04:40 AM   #36
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:

Through three games we have given up 33 sacks. Ouch
OUCH indeed!!! All I can say is this... look for the quick, short passes. When I took over as HC at Florida Atlantic it took me 5 seasons to build my line up to a decent line. Finally, in year 6, I was able to go deep with consistency. Up to that point - for 5 years - I threw a TON of short, quick passes.

This offense allows for that and you can also get some short passes to turn into HUGE gains... Just be patient... and NEVER allow the CPU to recruit for you... this is, after all, EA!!!

Old 07-03-2014, 04:44 AM   #37
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
OUCH indeed!!! All I can say is this... look for the quick, short passes. When I took over as HC at Florida Atlantic it took me 5 seasons to build my line up to a decent line. Finally, in year 6, I was able to go deep with consistency. Up to that point - for 5 years - I threw a TON of short, quick passes.

This offense allows for that and you can also get some short passes to turn into HUGE gains... Just be patient... and NEVER allow the CPU to recruit for you... this is, after all, EA!!!
True but i play in coach mode so the players run the plays i call and man have i seen some dropped wide open catches and the QB takes too long for plays to develop. Plus i don't think having no back up ol and running the hurry up helps much. Lol
Old 07-03-2014, 05:23 AM   #38
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
True but i play in coach mode so the players run the plays i call and man have i seen some dropped wide open catches and the QB takes too long for plays to develop. Plus i don't think having no back up ol and running the hurry up helps much. Lol
I have only five words for you: GET OUT OF COACH MODE!!! LOL

Old 07-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #39
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
I have only five words for you: GET OUT OF COACH MODE!!! LOL
Ok, ok, i will see what i can do.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #40
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

Playbook Name:
Power Spread

Base Offense:
Spread

SimSports Link:
http://www.simsports.net/viewPlayboo...bid=2229&gid=2

Position Requirements:
  • QB: Scrambler. Will need depth as injuries are a possibility.
  • HB: I prefer speed but any style will work. You will need depth.
  • WR: See HB
  • TE: Balanced. Will be counted on as receiver and blocker. Typically only 1 on the field, but is an important position.
  • OL: Balanced or Run Block

Key Plays:
  • Any variation of the read option. The base play I want to run in most formations.
  • Inside Zone. Will be the "Run" audible in most formations.
  • Bubble or WR Screen. Will be the "Short Pass" audible in most formations.
  • 4 Verticals. Will be the "Deep Pass" audible in most formations.

Recruiting Recommendations:
I tend to have most luck targeting athletes for QB, HB, and WR. Always go after any good, balanced, TE you have a chance at as a star at this position will really make this offense work.

Strategies:
I look at this as a run-first offense, but can end up being pretty balanced based off of what the defense does. I have set up most formations with a read-option variation as the base play that I want to run. If the defense is playing straight-up and has 2-deep safeties, I'm running the option. If they bring a safety or slot-defender in to help vs the run I will "quick audible" to a HB run (usually inside zone), Bubble/WR screen, or 4-verticals to take advantage of the opening they just created by cheating on the run. I have a playaction pass to link with every run play in my playbook. The playaction, screens, and 4-verticals make up most of my passing game but I do have 4 formations that I will go to for my drop-back passing game. The main drop-back passing concepts I use are Mesh, Stick, Spot, Shallow Cross, and Flood. Each of these formations has a draw and HB screen I can audible to if needed.

Additional Notes: Outside of the the 1 goaline formation, this playbook uses only 11 personnel (1 TE, 1 HB, 3 WR) but the concept behind it can be used with any personnel group. That is, have 1 base play you want to run out of each formation and use your audibles to take advantage when the defense cheats to stop that base play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »