Home

Dynasty as Coach or Coodinator

This is a discussion on Dynasty as Coach or Coodinator within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Dynasty as Coach or Coodinator

Can anyone advise which is either better or more challenging?

I am doing a dynasty and wanted a 1-3 star team to rebuild and was thinking one I found that team I would be a coordinator to not only rebuild a team but advance my coaching career a bit. I understand that I will only be one one side of the ball as a coordinator and then hopefully be offered a coaching gig.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts about teams I should roll with and which option I should do. I did a SMU dynasty in 11 and like that but now they don't have the blue helmets or uniforms in 14, plus I liked the real life story for them. Currently I was eyeing up Florida Atlantic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Dynasty as Coach or Coodinator

Being a coordinator is more challenging, but not as fun for me. My last 2 dynasties I started as a 1* OC and them took the first 1* HC job that I was offered.

Also, if you're truly looking for a challenge avoid teams like SMU, FIU, and any others schools in the big 3 recruiting states (TX, CA, FL). Having any of those states as a home state makes recruiting WAY easier.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pick a team in one of the Power 5 conferences too. Even if you pick the worse, most geographically isolated team in the game (Wyoming?), it's too easy to make them dominant in one of the lesser conferences.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
Can anyone advise which is either better or more challenging?

I am doing a dynasty and wanted a 1-3 star team to rebuild and was thinking one I found that team I would be a coordinator to not only rebuild a team but advance my coaching career a bit. I understand that I will only be one one side of the ball as a coordinator and then hopefully be offered a coaching gig.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts about teams I should roll with and which option I should do. I did a SMU dynasty in 11 and like that but now they don't have the blue helmets or uniforms in 14, plus I liked the real life story for them. Currently I was eyeing up Florida Atlantic.
If you don't like SMU helmetuniform, you can create SMU team via Teambuilder like I did with SMU 1980's.

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...819:1411528758

Unfortunately, I abandoned to name rosters because of stupid censors i.e. Dickerson. Btw, mine had both white and blue helmets.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:44 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
Pick a team in one of the Power 5 conferences too. Even if you pick the worse, most geographically isolated team in the game (Wyoming?), it's too easy to make them dominant in one of the lesser conferences.
So you recommend being in a better conference vs working your way up to one of those?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
So you recommend being in a better conference vs working your way up to one of those?
It comes down to your personal preference. I find it's easier to become dominant in a less conference because all the teams you play are getting lesser talent. Playing as a one/two star in a Power 5 conference means going up against heavy hitters and getting into close matches.

Personally, I would spend 2-3 years with a 1/2 star in a lower conference, build them to a decent level then leave for a HC positon at a one-star in a Power 5 school.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm not able to create a thread(maybe not enough posts) so I am going to ask in here:

I'm in the year 2025 in my dynasty, having played out every game. Is there a way to see my coach history of school's I have coached at before? I completely forgot where I started and probably the first 6 years of this dynasty.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
Rookie

It depends on where you are as far as whether or not it is more challenging to win as a coordinator or HC. In the end I've usually had more challenges as a coordinator, both because I'm not in charge of whether or not to go for it on 4th downs and also because the side of the ball that you aren't on will get so crushed that winning is impossible. As an HC I've found things are more stable, defense is hard but if your defense sucks it will suck in almost every game, whereas if your defense is good it will be good versus almost any opponent. I got to the point as an OC though where not having to take time out for defense meant I was in a pretty good rhythm (my cpu players execution not withstanding) so I completed numerous epic comebacks that I wouldn't have if I had to endure the torture of watching my defense in a game where my offense was lagging behind.

In the end the challenge of being a coordinator is overriden by having to worry about recruiting players that you could care less about because you will never play one side of the ball, so 1/2 these players don't matter to you. I simply can only play as coordinator for so long before getting the itch to work with both sides of the ball to see that players I'm recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »